FareHunter is Crippled by Jetstar Censorship

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by oz_mark, Feb 27, 2006.

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Seems as though Jetstar are doctoring information used by the Farehunter site. See the SMH http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/a-cheap-shot-but-dont-ask-jetstar/2006/02/26/1140888748254.html

Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. Guest

Guest Guest

well.... sure looks like J* has a lot to answer for

3. cpl

cpl Intern

Nov 30, 2004
    Australia
    I think it's pretty obvious that there is someone who is afraid of customers being able to compare their fares. Well I don't consider them anyway. Experiencing their Soviet-style check-in procedures once (considerable queue at one counter while the chick next door was polishing her nails) was one too many. Who knows? Perhaps "transparency" is the product name of her nail polish? ("Jetstar is about transparency") 8)

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I would say its more about J* wanting surfers to visit their site directly or a licenced travel agent. Can't really blame them... they make absolutely no money out of having queries ripped from their server and no control over the content that is displayed.

Now... if only they ditched the "travel agent" thing and let everyone refer anyone into an affiliate program style setup.... 8)

5. GDSman

GDSman Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Hobart
    Jetstar are not remotely interested in travel agents as a means of distribution - their strategy is all around driving consumers to their own website where they can sell them their air + hotel/car etc. For many low cost carriers the revenue earned from the bits other than flying equals or exceeds the flying part - see Ryanair, EasyJet etc...no reason to waste that revenue opportunity on travel agents.....

6. Mahtoh

Mahtoh Junior Member

Feb 22, 2006
    GDSman - you are right but farehinter are not travel agents - they do not earn commission at all.

7. drron

drron Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2002
    Sunshine Coast
    We have got a choice of deathstar or virgin out of the sunshine coast.Used deathstar once-90 minutes late.Will never bother using them again.When riding a virgin from maroochydore I listen to the deathstar annoucements-seems as though 90 minutes late is the norm for them.So I dont need a site that has deathstar for comparison.

8. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Perhaps JQ is still trying to work out how to work a shcedule with daylight savings. They keep losing an hour every time they fly to Qld and just can't figure out where it goes :roll: :roll: :roll: ?

9. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    perhaps best not to extrapolate this if JQ ever takes on the Pacific & imagine what they might do with that day missing from LAX-SYD flights. :shock:

10. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I'd be more worried in the other direction - trying to fly around waiting for their landing time.

11. MetroAir

MetroAir Guest

Just drive to BNE and take QF, it would take the same amount of time - but most know I wouldn't be seen dead on death*

12. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    If you were dead they'd probably change the schedule and not tell you about it :( :( :( :(