F Awards Emirates

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Chesty, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Chesty

Chesty Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Looking at securing 2 F Awards to Europe next year using Qantas Points and looking at various dates it seems impossible to get 2 seats. Does Emirates only release 1 seat?

Looked at various destinations but to no avail. Plenty of availability with QF to London for 2 pax but that's it.

2. zainman

zainman Established Member

Jan 31, 2012
    MEL & KHI
    I suggest using expert flyer to set up alerts so you can get an email where there are two available. To answer the question, EK does release more than 1 F.

3. Wannabee

Wannabee Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Sydney or Broome
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    We have just travelled on an award seat on EK booked through QF. Two seats in F JFK-DXB-SYD. So yes it does happen.

4. jeremyk

jeremyk Intern

Jan 19, 2013
    Sydney
    why don't you fly QF First?

5. gogo419

gogo419 Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Perth
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    What!? Your telling me QF still have F award seats!? I thought that "enhancement" was made years ago??

;)

6. jeremyk

jeremyk Intern

Jan 19, 2013
    Sydney
    I did Melbourne > Heathrow return just a month ago on MASA... :) I rung up for MASA based on classic award availability.

and the F experience was just amazing might I add :)

• Like Like x 6
  7. Chesty

Chesty Member

Jan 5, 2011
    I have done QF First so was hoping to try something different.

8. RooFlyer

RooFlyer Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2012
    Tasmania
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    And you won't regret it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. N860CR

N860CR Established Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Brisbane & Sydney
    I've just booked QF SYD-DXB in first for two. Emirates didn't have 2 seats available on any flights for the next year. Ditto out of DXB to JNB. Only 1 seat on every flight. Maybe there are more to other destinations but the options seemed limited for more than 2 unfortunately.

10. Limewood

Limewood Established Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Cairns
    Try out of HKG or NRT.

11. Wannabee

Wannabee Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Sydney or Broome
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #11 Wannabee, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    I had only flown 4 sectors in QF F before the most recent 2 in EK F. If I ever get another opportunity it will be with EK.

Given the continued degradation of benefits with QF I will probably just moved all international travel to EK as I will make WP just on domestic travel with QF.

If I ever get selected to go to one of these lunches with Qantas loyalty I will be sure to thank them for their partnership with EK, because if they didn't I probably never would have tried them. Albeit a small sample size, EK showed me an excellent product with excellent service which was consistent over the two flights. QF is different one flight to the next.

Don't get me wrong QF F is good, but in my experience EK F is better.

12. jeremyk

jeremyk Intern

Jan 19, 2013
    Sydney
    #12 jeremyk, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    wow that's very interesting Wannabee... its a pity but your comments are fair

13. Chesty

Chesty Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Agree I have looked at lots of options and EK never comes up for 2 pax. Will probably have to be QF again I think.

14. legroom

legroom Established Member

Nov 2, 2012
    "HAVE" to be QF F !

...... however, I do understand what you mean even though the rest (well, those non-AFFers who happen to be everyone else out there at every airport) may shake their heads wondering if this guy had forgotten his daily pills.

15. hedge

hedge Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Perth
    EK F is good. Even the FA tried to convince me to eat as much Caviar as possible :D

16. dalereardon

dalereardon Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Kingston Beach, Tasmania, Australia.
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Linkedin:
    Instagram:
    Why not book your Qantas F award and then very close up to your flight EK often releases 2 seats. Check close up and you'll see what it might be like.

I haven't looked myself though will soon but can you get EK F if you go via SIN and then DXB and then onto Europe? I know this means you miss out on the A380 experience but I flew EK F suites on a 777 last year and it was amazing.

Dale.

17. Spizz

Spizz Active Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Adelaide
    I have a problem with the QF site where it shows First Class availability ie. the Gold seat emblem, but on clicking that date there is no First class within, sometimes only economy. So I wonder if it is a bug with the QF site, EK or both.

18. LadyC

LadyC Established Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Melbourne

I have had this issue as well. Apparently it is called 'false availability' or something like that. Was trying to make a booking for the MIL and ran into the same problem. I called Qantas and was told that it was to do with the feed from Emirates. The feed isn't 'live' but their access to the awards is. So an F award may be visible but when you try and ticket it, it disappears.

19. zainman

zainman Established Member

Jan 31, 2012
    MEL & KHI
    I had something similarly strange happen to me yesterday. I was searching for 2 F seats SYD-DXB and it wouldn't show anything. I only saw the blue economy logo for the whole month of July. I clicked on the date I wanted the seats on and I saw 2 F available! I checked on the EK website and couldn't see anything, anyway these seats suddenly disappeared and I thought it must have been ghost availability (QF website error).

I kept searching throughout the day and the seats reappeared and I was able to book them. I had Expert flyer alerts set up but got no notification from them.. When I advanced to the booking page I saw some error saying 'class is full' etc and I thought it wouldn't let me pay but it did. Who knows what was going on but I felt like my constant searching forced the system to throw out these seats (who am I kidding?)

Good result in the end!

20. Spizz

Spizz Active Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Adelaide
    LadyC- Did Qantas end up ticketing it for you?