- Jan 22, 2007
Only recently heard of this.
[h=1]Air passengers face extra delays and second checks at departure gates amid fears of 'plot to bring down jets with new type of "stealth" bomb'[/h]
- Airports on terror alert amid fears of attacks from Islamist extremists
- Influx of sky marshals could be brought in on some transatlantic routes
- New measures thought to include second checks on electronics and shoes
- The alert comes as U.S. calls for heightened precautions in Europe
- It is thought new bombs could be 'non-metallic' or 'surgically-implanted'
- Militants in Syria may have tested devices in the war-torn country
- There is growing fears UK citizens returning from conflict pose a risk
- Airports today report service running as normal despite new checks
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2678737/UK-airports-alert-plot-bring-jet-Security-level-increase-set-lead-longer-queues-