'Enhanced' QF status credit calculator | Page 4 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

'Enhanced' QF status credit calculator

sudoer

Established Member
Flights
My Map
According to the new calculator both SDU (Rio) and GRU (Sao Paulo) are valid departure points but if you select them there are no valid destinations.
That's odd - the API returns valid destination lists ...

It also recognises LA/JJ as valid carriers on routes ex GRU and returns points/SC calculations..

1580267530733.png

So there must be something on the frontend of the new calculator which isn't working correctly...

esseeeayeenn

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map

It also recognises LA/JJ as valid carriers on routes ex GRU and returns points/SC calculations..

View attachment 204878

So there must be something on the frontend of the new calculator which isn't working correctly...
I will have to ask you to share instructions for your spreadsheet so I can calculate the SCs and points I should receive when they process my missing points request.
I don't trust them to get it right.

esseeeayeenn

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map

View attachment 204878

The old calculator shows some routes but its database seems to be prior to the LAN/TAM merger.
So it shows flights SDU-CGH and flights from GIG-GRU but no flights from SDU-GRU.
Post automatically merged:

Just PM me your Gmail address :)
It needs a Gmail address as distinct from any email address?

Supersonic Swinger

Why all the hate for this change?

All that pesky variability around airline, status and multi-sector flights is now no longer visible. This is simply Qantas making the Status Credits Calculator "Simpler and Fairer TM".

Pushka

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Why all the hate for this change?

All that pesky variability around airline, status and multi-sector flights is now no longer visible. This is simply Qantas making the Status Credits Calculator "Simpler and Fairer TM".
You were always able to select which airline. And travelling from Adelaide I always want to know the extra points having to transit via East Coast will be.

CaptJCool

Established Member
Here’s the sand wedge

A05094C9-7C40-4D5B-9EE7-0359BAD4E5DC.png

So stuffed up they sandwiched Pee economy between 2 cabins!

arnage

I'm concatenating the cell references into the URL and calling with ImportJSON like below

=ImportJSON(CONCATENATE("https://services.unique.qantas.com/calculator/v2/segment/"&Calculator!$B4&"/"&Calculator!$C4&"/"&Calculator!$D4&"/"&Calculator!$E4&".json?status_tier="&Calculator!$I1&"&date="&(TO_TEXT(Calculator!$A4))),"/points/base_plus_cabin_bonus","noInherit,noHeaders,truncate")

This is a huge learning curve for me (lots of trial and error!) so I have no doubt there's a better way to do this. At the moment I'm assuming ImportJSON is trying to call the API with those cell values even when they are blank, so the next thing I plan to focus on is an IF statement which only makes the call once the necessary cells have valid values.
Excellent work!

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minksta