EMIRATES LOUNGE SYD - Current Status

exLXCXFF

Intern
Qantas
Gold
Hi all

My parents fly out on EK metal booked via EK from SYD to DXB on 13 January (departing 0945pm).

They have a paid business class ticket but no status on EK/QF but using their Skywards FF# (they also have a Finnair one).

Based on the emirates.com website, it seem that the business class lounge in SYD is closed with no alternative options.

i) Can anyone confirm this circumstance of having no lounge access with a paid J ticket?
ii) I do have lounge invitations via Qantas Premier Credit Card that I could transfer but I assume because they booked via EK rather than QF that’s not an option in practice?

Any advice is warmly appreciated.

kelvedon

Established Member
Emirates business class passengers could use the Qantas International Business lounge before covid. Since this has closed I presume they can use the F lounge instead.

A9763965-4CF2-4D56-AAE8-B0193861E3E4.png

JacknDude

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Hi all

My parents fly out on EK metal booked via EK from SYD to DXB on 13 January (departing 0945pm).

They have a paid business class ticket but no status on EK/QF but using their Skywards FF# (they also have a Finnair one).

Based on the emirates.com website, it seem that the business class lounge in SYD is closed with no alternative options.

i) Can anyone confirm this circumstance of having no lounge access with a paid J ticket?
ii) I do have lounge invitations via Qantas Premier Credit Card that I could transfer but I assume because they booked via EK rather than QF that’s not an option in practice?

Any advice is warmly appreciated.

We flew business class with Emirates out of Sydney in December 2021 and there is a lounge open for Emirates passengers to use. It is not Qantas.

HappyFlyerFamily

Any update. As I’m flying EK F SYD-DXB, can I use the QF F lounge ?

This suggests you can access QF F lounge

Eligible travel class​

Find lounge access eligibility for you and your guest when travelling on a Qantas, Emirates or Jetstar flight; based on the travel class booked on your ticket (not your membership type).
Qantas, Emirates and Jetstar travel class and guest eligibility
Eligible class of travelQantas International First LoungeQantas International Business Qantas Domestic Business LoungeQantas International Lounge^^Partner Lounge
Qantas FirstYes1 Yes2 Yes5Yes2 Yes2
Qantas BusinessNo Yes2 Yes5Yes2 Yes
Emirates FirstYes2 Yes2Yes5Yes2 Yes2
Emirates BusinessNo Yes Yes YesYes
Jetstar Business Max FaresNoYes+ No Yes+No

Hopefully Emirates made their payments for access.

Hopefully you booked your Chauffeur. Enjoy your flight.

AIRwin

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
I'm confused, isn't QF F lounge open? Or do you mean the specific flight time?
Lounge opening hours are from 4:30am when the Sydney to Delhi (QF67) is in operation, for all other times the lounge opens from 6:30am-11:00am. The lounge reopens again daily from 12:45pm until the last scheduled Qantas flight departure.

lukus g

Lounge opening hours are from 4:30am when the Sydney to Delhi (QF67) is in operation, for all other times the lounge opens from 6:30am-11:00am. The lounge reopens again daily from 12:45pm until the last scheduled Qantas flight departure.
I just checked and QF67 is operating on the same day as my EK flight. So Thanks for the info otherwise I would of been sitting outside a closed lounge. ! The power of AFF

frodo

According to Emirates' latest flight schedules, the 6am departure out of Sydney will resume on 2 March. I wonder if the EK lounge will re-open by then, or whether they will make arrangements with Qantas or another lounge operator (on the days that QF67 isn't operating), or whether there will be no lounge access.

lukus g

According to Emirates' latest flight schedules, the 6am departure out of Sydney will resume on 2 March. I wonder if the EK lounge will re-open by then, or whether they will make arrangements with Qantas or another lounge operator (on the days that QF67 isn't operating), or whether there will be no lounge access.
I will let you know. I’m flying SYD-DXB not long after the 2nd

Oroya

We are flying Emirates Business Class at 6.00am in May. Does anyone know if we will be able to utilise a lounge in Sydney Airport so early in the morning?

exLXCXFF

Intern
Qantas
Gold
Just experienced it myself: QF Lounge closed as CHC flight already departed, redirected to Premium Plaza Lounge, no beers and food dreadful. I feel bad for paying J passenger to have to “enjoy this”.

NoName

Established Member
Thought I’d jump in here even though not out of SYD. Flying BNE-DXB in F on Sunday week. Assuming it’s going to be the Plaza Premium Lounge as the only option? Giving consideration to not even bothering and turning up just in time for boarding.

AIRwin

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Assuming it’s going to be the Plaza Premium Lounge as the only option?
Yes, at least it was in February 2022 unless it has changed since:

NoName

Established Member
Thought I’d jump in here even though not out of SYD. Flying BNE-DXB in F on Sunday week. Assuming it’s going to be the Plaza Premium Lounge as the only option? Giving consideration to not even bothering and turning up just in time for boarding.

Currently in the Plaza Premium Lounge at BNE awaiting boarding for EK431. Quite small and fairly cramped. They seem to have shoved as many seats in as possible. Can’t say it’s a disaster as food is adequate and plenty of drink options, but wouldn’t be keen to spend hours here obviously.

Did have what I thought was quite a bizarre experience at the bar earlier though. Went to get a can of Coke and the self serve section were all warm. Asked for one of the cold ones in the fridge only to be told no, those are for making coughtails. Made no real sense to me why you wouldn’t just put more in the fridge. Anyway, I added a bourbon on the rocks which then made it ok for me to get a cold can. :rolleyes:

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast