Emirates Business Class/Cancel QFF points booking

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by AllanG, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. AllanG

AllanG Junior Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Hi
    I am wondering if anyone can help me. I have booked 2 tickets SYD/Vienna using QFF points, howver I now notice an Emirates Business class fare for only $4,500. My questions; What is Emirates Business Class like and do I just cancel my QFFpoints bookings and pay a 5,000 point penalty or do I have to transfer the booking to another flight?
    Thanks

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Emirates business class varies greatly between aircraft types. Avoid the 777 and aim for the A340-500 if you can. But the cheaper premium cabin fares are sometimes restricted to some routings and hence aircraft types.

3. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    G'dau AllanG, welcome to AFF.

You pay the 5000 point penalty.

IME, all points get re credited to your QFF account, then 5000 points are removed as a separate transaction.

The refund of +++ may take up to 6 weeks.

4. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I believe, iirc, that 5000 points are deducted from your account for the penalty and then the points are credited to your account. Istr reading of someone having a problem with this due to not having 5000 points in their account to cover the penalty

Dave