EF Sign Up

Discussion in 'Expert Flyer Discussion' started by madmat777, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. madmat777

madmat777 Intern

Apr 6, 2006
    Charlotte, USA
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hi All,

I am trying to sign up on EF to plan a J class RTW. I have tried 5 times to sign up and every time it tells me that the transaction has failed. I have tried two different credit cards and the same result for both.

Is there a trick that anyone knows of? The "helpful" support staff suggested that my card may be blocked. Nothing #$$#%%* me more than waiting a day for a response as inane as that.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Matt.

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I had no trouble signing up with an Oz Amex; however this was nearly 20 months ago.

Perhaps you could check with your cc providers, you may have been 'falconed' similar.

3. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    Your bank will have visibility on the austhorisation and can help with your inquiry, which would be a first port of call for help, I had the same issue and once I told them it was a genuine auth request I retired it after getting of the phone and it worked, have not had a problem since.

4. madmat777

madmat777 Intern

Apr 6, 2006
    Charlotte, USA
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    All sorted out, AMEX had the card listed as unpaid even though it had been paid off. I just transferred from a different AMEX so that may have confused it. Still does not explain why my VISA didn't work though, it almost seemed that once my AMEX was rejected that EF would not allow any other card. Doesn't matter anymore, it's all sorted now - thanks for your tips.

Matt.