kamchatsky

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Frequent Flyer - Earning Points - Earth Card

If you like to travel, it's time you came to Earth

Earn up to 15,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points. Offer ends 31 August 2007.

If you like to travel, there's never been a better time to come to Earth+. It's a credit card with a range of travel rewards and benefits.
  • Earn 15,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points with Earth+. Apply for your Earth+ credit card before 31 August 2007. Once you're approved, use your card and tell Earth your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number before 30 September 2007 to receive your points.
  • No annual fee for the first year; save $79 on Earth+.
  • If you're not a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, for a limited time we'll also give you a free membership.
Earth. Go places on it.

Earth+ is a kind of credit card that can help you discover more with a great range of travel rewards and benefits. Add up the savings you could have made on your last overseas trip:
  • Complimentary overseas travel insurance for trips of up to 3 months for you, your spouse and certain dependent children.*
  • No Westpac foreign currency fees on purchases and ATM cash advances when you're overseas.^
  • Save with a low 5.99% pa rate on selected Qantas flights, accommodation and holidays# when you spend $500 or more on that product or service and call Earth on 1300 762 284. This lower rate applies on those purchases from the date you call Earth.~
Earn unlimited Qantas Frequent Flyer points

Every dollar you spend on your Earth+ card earns Qantas Frequent Flyer points.** You'll also earn an extra point for every $1 you spend on selected Qantas products and services.#
Apply online for a response in 60 seconds.
s.gif
Discover more on Earth.
s.gif

Issued by Westpac Banking Corporation.
All prices are quoted in Australian dollars. Information current as at 21 July 2007. Applications are subject to Westpac's normal lending criteria. Fees and charges are payable. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request. These may be varied, or new terms and conditions introduced in the future. The annual percentage rate is applicable to credit purchases only and excludes cash advances and balance transfers.
* The insurance cover extends to the primary and secondary cardholder, their spouse and certain dependent children travelling with either the primary or secondary cardholder. This insurance product is issued by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited ABN 13 000 296 640, which is liable for the risks incurred under the terms of the policy. Terms and conditions apply.
^ While Westpac waives its foreign currency transaction charges and international cash advance fees for Earth+ cardholders, American Express and MasterCard fees relating to processing foreign currency transactions will still apply.
# Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas flights booked directly with Qantas, Qantas Club and Qantas Frequent Flyer membership, purchases from Qantas Holidays, purchases from Qantas Travel customer shopfronts and purchases on ReadyRooms. Only available on Qantas passenger flights (with a QF number), and excludes Jetstar.
~ When you spend at least $500 on certain Qantas transactions (stipulated in footnote #), you'll pay a fixed rate of 5.99%pa on those transactions. To activate this rate you must call Earth on 1300 762 284 and notify Earth after the transaction. From the date you notify Earth, the promotional rate will apply to that purchase and you will lose the benefit of any interest free days on that purchase. Before notifying Earth, the standard rate on purchases will apply to that purchase.
** The earning of Qantas Frequent Flyer points through the use of the Earth card is subject to the Earth Conditions of Use. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. A joining fee usually applies but is waived for a limited time for Earth and Earth+ cardholders. For more information visit qantas.com/frequentflyer. Qantas Frequent Flyer points are not earned on cash advances and balance transfers.
American Express® is a Registered Trademark of American Express Company. The MasterCard® brand is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141.

Now these are the types of deals I hold out for. A stack of free points and no annual fee. :) Thanks!

Speaking of which..I rang to cancel my QF Amex today (didn't see the value now that I have to pay $195), and they kindly gave me another 12 months free. :)

Cheers,
- Febs.

Just another thought...

The thing that has always stopped me from signing up relatives and then getting them to transfer the QFF points with similar CC deals, has been the fact that they aren't QFF members.

But if Earth are offering free membership... ;)

Great thoughts Febs, I was wondering how I'd go applying for one of these myself (have QFF membership myself obviously) but using the free QFF membership to sign up a friend?

I seem to remember when we did this for my old man, that there is just a general QFF application form (sent to QFF directly) that Earth pay the membership for. it could save her a $85~ application fee to QFF- she gets QFF membership, then we link my card to my account, I score the points before 30 September and we're hunky dory. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. She wants to sign herself up as a US citizen but that seems even worse. No suprises she's a penny pinching accountant. ;) :p

littl_flier said:
Great thoughts Febs, I was wondering how I'd go applying for one of these myself (have QFF membership myself obviously) but using the free QFF membership to sign up a friend?
This would not be possible. The QFF account would be setup for the person applying for the earth+ card.

Not worth the risk of earth+ (Westpac) or QFF finding out that you have used the application form to sign up someone other than the person applying for the earth+ card.

littl_flier said:
it could save her a $85~ application fee to QFF- she gets QFF membership....
Why doesn't she apply for the earth+ card and then she can get free QFF membership?

littl_flier said:
then we link my card to my account, I score the points before 30 September and we're hunky dory.
Yes no issue here at all. Just skip the part where you sign her up for QFF using your earth+ credit card application.

The deal is good because:

- Free membership ($82.50)
- 15000 points (almost return SYD-MEL or SYD-BNE etc)
- 1st year membership fee free

So proabably saves you about $200 or more in this deal.

Yes I applieda few days ago...and was approved online within minutes....including the card showing up on my online Westapc details as I am already a westpac customer.

I have joined my wife too...so am looking forward to an instant 30,000 points :D

Pity that the ANZ Card has fees worth only basically what the points are.

Still this Earth deal is a freebie.

Last edited:
littl_flier said:

I know JohnK said above not worth it but i really can't see how they would find out. I know the FF membership name & CC name must be in the same name to earn / transfer the points but the form is a generic one and once you get your QFF card/kit you must then ring westpac and advise them of your number to start getting the points. I think you would be probably be safe but as was said, may as well get the card to get the points balance started if starting out.

I had an earth card from fee free from july last year and a week before the 1st yr was up, rang and upgraded to earth+ which reset their system so i got another yr fee free. pity it was about a month before this 15000 point offer came out.

a relative just got an earth card last week, does anyone reckon if they rang up and upgraded to earth+ they'd get the bonus points offer?

Febs said:
Just another thought...

The thing that has always stopped me from signing up relatives and then getting them to transfer the QFF points with similar CC deals, has been the fact that they aren't QFF members.

But if Earth are offering free membership... ;)

The best way to do it is to get all your relatives to sign up. All of them would get a free QFF account, then transfer all the points to you.

But then all of them would ended up getting a credit request in the credit file in Baycorp/Veda Advantage. Which may not look good if they need to get a loan from the bank. So have to be careful on that.

Curiously, I have a Virgin Money Credit Card which is issued by Westpac, does anyone know if I transfer the card to Earth+ with the same credit limit would I get hit with the credit request in my credit file by Westpac?

Might not all the relatives want the points for themselves?????

After all it will be their finacial records that are affected....

I know what reaction my relatives would give me if I suggested such a thing to them!!!!

lovetravellingoz said:
Might not all the relatives want the points for themselves?????

After all it will be their finacial records that are affected....

I know what reaction my relatives would give me if I suggested such a thing to them!!!!
Not when you use those points to ticket free flights for them! Which is practically what I have done for my wife. In fact speaking of which I just burned 36000 QFF points just for her last week, maybe I can use this promotion to "restore" my account point levels, in mine and her name (and she doesn't have QFF account too) ......

edison said:
The best way to do it is to get all your relatives to sign up. All of them would get a free QFF account, then transfer all the points to you.

But then all of them would ended up getting a credit request in the credit file in Baycorp/Veda Advantage. Which may not look good if they need to get a loan from the bank. So have to be careful on that.

Curiously, I have a Virgin Money Credit Card which is issued by Westpac, does anyone know if I transfer the card to Earth+ with the same credit limit would I get hit with the credit request in my credit file by Westpac?

Just rang up Westpac and they said even though Virgin credit card is issued by Westpac because they are separate companies I have to apply Earth+ then kill the Virgin credit card.

Also they mentioned that tranfers from existing Westpac credit card to Earth+ would not get 15000 bonus points.

So yes anyone who wants to get that 15000 points would have to have their credit file hit with a credit request.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just applied and was approved.

The 15,000 miles will be quite handy...

edison said:

I am not an expert on this but i think if the issuer is the same but you are switching products as opposed to applying for a new and seperate service they would not list it as an extra credit request, it may depend on whether their systems 'talk' to each other for different products/branding by the same issuer.

Aside from that, i distinctly remember there being something in the T&C's about not being able to do a balance transfer from a Virgin CC to an Earth CC if this applies to you.

Cheers,

Thanks for the advice guys. I just signed up and all was successful. Doubt I'll carry forward with my plan, I really don't want to risk any FF points I have already over someone else's $80.

Now I know I'm really addicted to FF points! :p

Just applied and got approved with $2k limit. Not like Iplan on using it. Just getting the bonus points and free QFF.

In their confirmation letter, it states I have to supply them the QFF membership number to gt teh bonus points. But they haven't even given me my QFF membership yet! am I missing a step here? How did the rest of you got your QFF membership for free with this deal?

pongie said:
Just applied and got approved with $2k limit. Not like Iplan on using it. Just getting the bonus points and free QFF.

In their confirmation letter, it states I have to supply them the QFF membership number to gt teh bonus points. But they haven't even given me my QFF membership yet! am I missing a step here? How did the rest of you got your QFF membership for free with this deal?
It asks you whether you have a QFF number. If you don't, they will send you an application form. Once you have received your QF pack or at least your FF number, ring Westpac and they will credit all points (bonus and spend on your card). You don't need to supply your QFF number upfront. Make sure you tell them by September 30 though. Hope this helps. :p

Applied and was approved yesterday, now once the card comes time to book some international travel with the AMEX card.

Be good to get 2 points per dollar.:)

edison said:
Not when you use those points to ticket free flights for them! Which is practically what I have done for my wife. In fact speaking of which I just burned 36000 QFF points just for her last week, maybe I can use this promotion to "restore" my account point levels, in mine and her name (and she doesn't have QFF account too) ......

Well yes while a wife is relative....

....I took it more to mean, a bit more distant...like parents or siblings...AND while you could rake off the points with no benefit to them......apart from it being "nice" for you.....why should they when they could instead quite rightly use the points for themselves?

By your description with it being your wife, you are just pooling the points effectively for your joint and mutual use. You would already be sharing $$ so effectively her points are yours...and yours hers etc.....

My wife and I sign up for all these deals (and indeed some I do in her name without telling her...)....but I would never dream of suggesting to say my parents or siblings that they sign up and then transfer points to me.

lovetravellingoz said:
I took it more to mean, a bit more distant...like parents or siblings...AND while you could rake off the points with no benefit to them......apart from it being "nice" for you.....why should they when they could instead quite rightly use the points for themselves?

Maybe because they don't travel frequently, and when they do, it's on discount fares which earn no QFF points?

In my case, I'm currently saving points to use for a trip for dad and myself to go on a road trip to Germany (previous earnings were spent on my girlfriend and myself)....so of course he'd be more than happy to pass the points on to me. :)

Cheers,
- Febs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back