earning points on codeshares with QF flight number

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by jenno, Jan 23, 2006.

1. jenno

jenno Junior Member

Jan 23, 2006
    a newbie here but hopefully lots more flying to come!

a (hopefully) simple question: i'm going to europe in september on Qantas and will fly out of Zurich on Swiss back to SIN (Swiss metal) then back to PER on Qantas. I'll be booking through Qantas and the flight has a QF flight number (QF5xxx or something like that). Will i earn points for that flight? Do all flights with a QF flight number earn points? I ask particularly because the QF website says Swiss will cease being a partner airline in april.

Many thanks in advance for your help!
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    All QFxxxx flights will earn points in the Qantas program (subject of course to the booking class and other standard restrictions).

Other FF schemes however will normally not allow points for QF codeshares on non-Oneworld partner flights.

3. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Welcome to AFF jenno :)

With Swiss joining star alliance 1 April 2006, they may or may not continue code-sharing with QF. Some airlines continue with codeshares despite being in different alliances, while others break their codeshares once they join separate alliances.