Do you earn SC on platinum edge free flight? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Do you earn SC on platinum edge free flight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spieck

I booked my "free" flight with my Amex platinum edge card yesterday. The phone agent from Amex told me I would earn status credits for these flights. I never have in the past. Is she correct?

vitagen

Established Member
That's incorrect my current lot of flights yielded 0 SCs

bismarck

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Can you upgrade it? With either pts or $?

Sent from my iPhone using AustFreqFly

airly

It might not be relevant, but I have a Qantas Ultimate AMEX, recently just use the free flight and it credit SC and Qantas Points to my account.
I have just checked the T&C and it clearly stated that no Qantas point or SC will be earned on the free flight.
I might have been lucky. (I am a SG, not sure whether it matters)

Spieck

It might not be relevant, but I have a Qantas Ultimate AMEX, recently just use the free flight and it credit SC and Qantas Points to my account.
I have just checked the T&C and it clearly stated that no Qantas point or SC will be earned on the free flight.
I might have been lucky. (I am a SG, not sure whether it matters)
Thanks. I'll let you know what happens when I fly! It will be a nice surprise if SCs or points appear - but not very likely!

tinkybelle

not sure if edge or reserve( think it was reserve)I booked SYD ZQN got to upgrade with pts and got the 15 SC each( 2 pax) each way

tinkybelle

You were lucky! I got nothing! (Mine is a platinum edge)
sorry I'm a dope!!:shock:
I paid $150 to UG and the UG didn't come thru on the return but got 15 SC both ways for 2 of us.
It may be because it was out of oz I got nothing on the domestic flts .
it seemed to be booked in a normal paid class.

serfty

Flights
My Map
I don't believe NZ destinations are a feature of the Edge card in any case. Limited domestic Oz routes only.

Definitely no earn on domestic flights.

nicky286

Hi

to clarify

Flight that booked under flight redemption does not earn point nor status point

Yes, flight can be upgrade to business class using point or pay.

Platinum edge cannot fly to NZ only domestic

Platinum reserve you can fly to NZ and Bali
Hope answer all your question.

paultiffen

I got SC on SYD Queenstown plat reserve flight

Also booked GF in as booked both a week before and after renewal date and hers credit to me through family pooling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LindySav