Do you earn SC on platinum edge free flight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kceips

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Silver
I booked my "free" flight with my Amex platinum edge card yesterday. The phone agent from Amex told me I would earn status credits for these flights. I never have in the past. Is she correct?

That's incorrect my current lot of flights yielded 0 SCs

Can you upgrade it? With either pts or $?

Sent from my iPhone using AustFreqFly

Can be upgraded with points - according to the agent yesterday, but I haven't tried to upgrade.

It might not be relevant, but I have a Qantas Ultimate AMEX, recently just use the free flight and it credit SC and Qantas Points to my account.
I have just checked the T&C and it clearly stated that no Qantas point or SC will be earned on the free flight.
I might have been lucky. (I am a SG, not sure whether it matters)

It might not be relevant, but I have a Qantas Ultimate AMEX, recently just use the free flight and it credit SC and Qantas Points to my account.
I have just checked the T&C and it clearly stated that no Qantas point or SC will be earned on the free flight.
I might have been lucky. (I am a SG, not sure whether it matters)

Thanks. I'll let you know what happens when I fly! It will be a nice surprise if SCs or points appear - but not very likely!

not sure if edge or reserve( think it was reserve)I booked SYD ZQN got to upgrade with pts and got the 15 SC each( 2 pax) each way

not sure if edge or reserve( think it was reserve)I booked SYD ZQN got to upgrade with pts and got the 15 SC each( 2 pax) each way
You were lucky! I got nothing! (Mine is a platinum edge)

You were lucky! I got nothing! (Mine is a platinum edge)
sorry I'm a dope!!:shock:
I paid $150 to UG and the UG didn't come thru on the return but got 15 SC both ways for 2 of us.
It may be because it was out of oz I got nothing on the domestic flts .
it seemed to be booked in a normal paid class.

I don't believe NZ destinations are a feature of the Edge card in any case. Limited domestic Oz routes only.

Definitely no earn on domestic flights.

Hi

to clarify

Flight that booked under flight redemption does not earn point nor status point

Yes, flight can be upgrade to business class using point or pay.

Platinum edge cannot fly to NZ only domestic

Platinum reserve you can fly to NZ and Bali
Hope answer all your question.

I got SC on SYD Queenstown plat reserve flight

Also booked GF in as booked both a week before and after renewal date and hers credit to me through family pooling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back