Do upgraded/award bookings still get op-up'd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pplion

Does anyone know whether bookings upgraded using points (eg from Y to U class) or bookings made in award classes (eg, X/Z/U) still get considered for op-ups? Or are they 'passed over' in favour of lower status passengers on 'genuine' commercial bookings? For example, would a CLPO passenger who paid cash for Y, who used points to upgrade to J, still be first in line for any op-up into F?

Happy Trails

Established Member
I've had a few in the past year.
Booked PE, upgraded to J with points and then op-up to F.

danny09

You always here about stories of people upgrading to J & then op-up to F, I really hope this happens to me in 3 weeks :)

drsmithy

Established Member
Does anyone know whether bookings upgraded using points (eg from Y to U class) or bookings made in award classes (eg, X/Z/U) still get considered for op-ups? Or are they 'passed over' in favour of lower status passengers on 'genuine' commercial bookings? For example, would a CLPO passenger who paid cash for Y, who used points to upgrade to J, still be first in line for any op-up into F?

I've been op-uped to domestic J on a Y points booking (couldn't tell you the class, this was years ago before I knew about such things).

Princess Fiona

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum 1
I've had a few in the past year.
Booked PE, upgraded to J with points and then op-up to F.

Can only points upgrade ASA's not Classic Awards though so that will be dying out over the next while :(

I did suggest multiple times to QF that they should allow points upgrades on Classics but so far falling on deaf ears.

ShaneN

Yes.

Has happened to me twice. In November 2013, booked PE SYD-HKG, points upgrade to J, op-upped to F at check-in. First and only experience of QF F on the A380.

In September 2010, booked a classic award flight LHR-HKG-SYD in J. Op-up to F at the gate for the LHR-HKG leg.

WP status may have helped in 2013, but in 2010 I was a lowly bronze.

JohnK

Veteran Member
Dad and I were op-uped to business PER-SYD from an Economy Oneworld award but that was a few years ago now.

Also happened to me twice

The first time was a while back as a gold, points upgrade from Y-J, and the op-upped to F on board SIN-SYD. Second time was in July this year Y+-J upgrade with points, and then op-upped to F at gate HKG-SYD. Both on an A380

Jeff

We've Increased Our Flying to 30 Destinations Across Australia. Book With Us Today. Change Your Flight, Fee-Free and As Often As You Like for Travel up to 30 Apr 22*. Contactless Check-in. Special Safety Protocols. New Cleaning Practices. Online Check-in.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..