David Jones Amex Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

simongr

Enthusiast
Just got offered the new DJ's Amex card. First viewing seems like a complete waste of time :)

Fee $99 (introductory)
Points - 1.5 outside DJ, 2 inside DJ (first six this is doubled)

But get this a $100 voucher for travel is 15,000 points - isnt it 10,000 points under the Amex scheme?

I think I shall stick to my standard DJs card for interest free/christmas option and standard Amex for everything else ;)

A link on the DJ's site that will take you to the Amex site!

http://www.davidjones.com.au/vip

(and from what I see a DJ voucher is 13,300 points. $100 travel voucher is 15000 points, which is indeed 10000 for normal Amex)

I will just stick with my normal DJ card, also, I think. (even if they are canning the shareholder discount :( )

Last edited:
New DAvid Jones AMEX card

Hi was in one f the shopping malls in melbourne and saw this offer for a new AMEX card..not a bad deal overall nut will let the rest of you decide

https://www212.americanexpress.com/...toid=adfb417db755a110VgnVCM200000cff4ad94RCRD

Key Benefits
    • Receive a $50 Bonus Gift Card.2

When you first spend on your Card outside of David Jones including for any of your everyday needs, such as groceries or petrol we will automatically send you a $50 David Jones Gift Card. It's our welcome gift to you
    • Bonus Gift Points at the world's leading department stores.

When you use your David Jones American Express Card at Selfridges, Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Nordstrom and Galeries Lafayette you will receive bonus Gift Points. 4 Points for every dollar you spend at these world renowned department stores in your first 6 months4 and 2 Points for every dollar you spend ongoing
    • Fashion Pay Later Option.6

Here’s a benefit that your wardrobe will thank you for. Don't pay a cent for 3 months when you spend $500 or more for any women's or men's apparel instore at David Jones. Just ask for our Fashion Pay Later Option next time you are shopping instore
    • Up to 5 years Interest Free.7

Take advantage of our Interest Free periods all year round when you purchase homewares, furniture, bedding or electrical items of $500 or more instore at David Jones. During special promotions, you can enjoy up to 5 years Interest Free
    • Christmas Deferred Payment Option.8

With any purchases you make between 1 November and 24 December with your David Jones American Express Card, ask for the Christmas Deferred Payment Option and you won’t pay a cent until February
    • Complimentary gift wrapping.9

Any purchase made instore at David Jones with your David Jones American Express Card can be beautifully gift wrapped with our compliments
    • Invitations to exclusive shopping events.

Use your Card regularly and be invited to attend the Clearance and Christmas shopping events held for David Jones Cardmembers
    • Instant Rewards every month.

Each month you'll receive exclusive Instant Rewards available on a range of fashion, home, electrical, cosmetics and accessories
    • Purchase Protection.10

Enjoy protection for purchases made with your David Jones American Express Card. Purchase Protection gives you the confidence to shop in Australia and around the world by providing cover for 90 days for the loss of or damage to items purchased on your Card. Terms and conditions apply
    • Online Fraud Protection Guarantee.11

You won't be held responsible for any unauthorised purchases online.
    • Emergency Card replacement.

The American Express global network of offices means we can get a replacement Card to you virtually anywhere in the world
    • 24/7 online account services.

Enjoy complete control when and where you need it with our online account tracking
    • American Express Global Customer Services.

Wherever you are in the world, whatever the time of day, we're here to help
    • Transfer the balance of your existing credit card.12

Transfer the balance of your MasterCard or Visa Card to your new David Jones American Express Card at only 5.99% p.a. for the life of the balance. Subject to our Interest Rate Policy.
    • Up to 56 days interest free on purchases
    • Annual Membership fee $99
    • Supplementary cards for only $29
    • Annual percentage rate of 20.49%12

Re: New DAvid Jones AMEX card

interesting until you get to
Annual Membership fee $99
and also realise now you get yet another points system...
oh well

I think it is a much worse points system than Amex as I posted in my original thread.

didnt realise there was another thread about this.. will go hunting

I popped it in the General Credit Card discussion as it coveed teh DJ card - so I couldnt decide where to put it.

I popped it in the General Credit Card discussion as it coveed teh DJ card - so I couldnt decide where to put it.

I have sent a post to get the threads merged.

• Bonus Gift Points at the world's leading department stores.

When you use your David Jones American Express Card at Selfridges, Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Nordstrom and Galeries Lafayette you will receive bonus Gift Points. 4 Points for every dollar you spend at these world renowned department stores in your first 6 months4 and 2 Points for every dollar you spend ongoing
Pardon my ignorance, but aren't these dept stores all OS? How are we to benefit?

Or do you have these in Sydney?

[/list]
[/list] Pardon my ignorance, but aren't these dept stores all OS? How are we to benefit?

Or do you have these in Sydney?

They are OS, and that's the point. To gain benefit while sjhopping at some overseas department stores.

Mrs LW got an A5 package from DJ's tonight in the mail..we haven't opened it, but now I can guess it's contents.

Time to take out the paper to recycle it and chuck the rest in the round bin.

They are OS, and that's the point. To gain benefit while sjhopping at some overseas department stores.

It's still probably better to use a Wizard card for overseas purchases?

I was really looking forward to this card, hoping for a good value prop, but I am quite disappointed. I'll stick to Amex Plat Credit Card + Citi Visa (where Amex not accepted or surcharge too high) + Wizard (for overseas spend). :)

ur so lucky, deals like the wizard and citi free visa don't happen anymore :(

It's still probably better to use a Wizard card for overseas purchases?

Probably, the saving on foreign currency transactions would be worth more than the points.

sorry for digigng an old thread.

i applied for this card on monday but now i want to cancel it, which seems to be a very hard thing to do!

i called them up four times in total, once on monday, once on wednesday, and twice today on friday.

the first two calls, i got male voice telling me that they couldn't do anything to my application as they "have not received it yet" and i was told to call "on thursday or friday".

so i gave them a call this Friday morning and was told my application has been approved and card has been sent out, hence she "couldn't do anything to my application" and i have to call them up again upon receiving my card.

gave them another call, got different lady, and i was told the same thing - that i have to wait to receive my card and call the number.
she told me "had you called us sooner we could've cancelled it", to which i responded "i did call you guys a few times and i was told to call you guys later"
she seemed to be surprise and said there wasn't any note against my name asking for cancellation to my application and that my application was approved on monday.

my question is, are they lying to me? that i can't cancel my application until i get my card from the post.

if they are lying, what action can i take to cancel my application?

thanks in advance.

apology if i posted this in the wrong thread or even if this topic is not allowed in this forum.

my question is, are they lying to me? that i can't cancel my application until i get my card from the post.

Possibly a bit too late to cancel the application now but you can certainly cancel the card. Just make sure you do not activate the card and call them to cancel it.

I don't see the difference between cancelling the application or cancelling the card unless you are worried about what is in your Veda credit file but unlike some people I could not care less what appears on my Veda credit file....

The new DJ card now offers 3 points for every dollar for the first 6 months of your membershiup. Even with the 3-1 points, with 15000 points required for $100 travel, they'd need to be giving me about 10 points per dollar before I considered this card.

sorry for digigng an old thread.

i applied for this card on monday but now i want to cancel it, which seems to be a very hard thing to do!

i called them up four times in total, once on monday, once on wednesday, and twice today on friday.

the first two calls, i got male voice telling me that they couldn't do anything to my application as they "have not received it yet" and i was told to call "on thursday or friday".

so i gave them a call this Friday morning and was told my application has been approved and card has been sent out, hence she "couldn't do anything to my application" and i have to call them up again upon receiving my card.

gave them another call, got different lady, and i was told the same thing - that i have to wait to receive my card and call the number.
she told me "had you called us sooner we could've cancelled it", to which i responded "i did call you guys a few times and i was told to call you guys later"
she seemed to be surprise and said there wasn't any note against my name asking for cancellation to my application and that my application was approved on monday.

thanks in advance.

apology if i posted this in the wrong thread or even if this topic is not allowed in this forum.

When you get the card, ring the number for activations and say you do NOT accept the T&C's. They have no option (AFAIK) but to cancel it for you. I've done this before with NAB and it was fine. No fees or anything as I didn't accept their offer.

I note that DJs will be allowing QFF redemptions in the 2H 2012:

David Jones has entered into an agreement with American Express Frequent Flyer points as a new reward option for its David Jones American Express Cards and storecard programs. The Qantas Frequent Flyer rewards option is one of a number of initiatives David Jones said it was undertaking to improve and grow its financial services business by attracting new customers and spending to the David Jones American Express Card programs. The new Qantas Frequent Flyer reward option is expected to launch in the second half of calendar 2012.

Read more: DJs' flyer points offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back