Dan Murphy's and Other Wine Deals

vyralmonkey

Haha

Was that after CB? I looked a week ago and I thought it was $34.99? $25 seems ridiculous, even Dan's is $36.99

First Choice comes to around $25 after the 20% CB. I might grab 4 bottles of the 2015.

Usually a couple of times a year you can find BL for $25 a bottle before CB

boomy

Not tried, cork seal, not buying.

Hopefully it’s less of an issue these days for premium wines than it was in the past. I remember when visiting Standish last year Dan said he use some of the most expensive corks on the market ($3-5 each IIRC) combined with quality bottles to ensure care-free long term cellaring. Surely other serous winemakers are doing the same, now it’s all about separating the serious from the amateurs ;)

kevviek

Hopefully it’s less of an issue these days for premium wines than it was in the past. I remember when visiting Standish last year Dan said he use some of the most expensive corks on the market ($3-5 each IIRC) combined with quality bottles to ensure care-free long term cellaring. Surely other serous winemakers are doing the same, now it’s all about separating the serious from the amateurs ;)
Yes, agree. I had a corked Basket Press replaced. They know they are not 100% perfect but the failure rate is now very low and they hold enough spare to replace the ones that fail.

Jczer000

Most of the Aussie 'cork' wines are not longer using untreated cork but Diam manufactured corks. The producers dont seem to experience taint and they can control the speed of wine oxidation based on the compression of the product.

Bill Bosworth

So, I bought a six of the mystery 2017 margaret river bordeaux blend from TWC - down from $40 and ended up at about $23 delivered after discounts and cb. Lo, it turns out to be juniper estate, one of my absolute favourites from a visit there 20 years ago! Jump back on ready to buy more... - SOLD OUT!! Boohoo. What a miss

Got a link? Is it available anywhere else?

I went to buy some Wynn's Black Label, but decided on 1 bottle of Bin 389 2017 for $85, with 20% CB should bring it to $68ish

I'll still grab some Black Label next CB sale. It seems they happen every few weeks.

So, I bought a six of the mystery 2017 margaret river bordeaux blend from TWC - down from $40 and ended up at about $23 delivered after discounts and cb. Lo, it turns out to be juniper estate, one of my absolute favourites from a visit there 20 years ago! Jump back on ready to buy more... - SOLD OUT!! Boohoo. What a miss

Madagascar94

On sale, Business Class as-well. I'm not sure if the potential wines which may be included? It says champagne too.

They have alot of wine packs on sale aswell, $200 down from $300+

Just noticed it's already been posted 😂😂😂

Not sure if has been posted - deal steal available.
Friend had his pack arrived - Frankland Estate Riesling 2018 (RRP 30-40 ) and Shaw + Smith Balhannah Vineyard Shiraz 2018 (RRP 90-100)

Wynns John Riddoch Cabernet Sauvignon 2013​

What should I be looking to pay? One store has it locally for $120

I think if I could grab it for $90-105 would be sweet, but no CB ATM.

mitellic

Not sure if has been posted - deal steal available.
Friend had his pack arrived - Frankland Estate Riesling 2018 (RRP 30-40 ) and Shaw + Smith Balhannah Vineyard Shiraz 2018 (RRP 90-100)
So the $139 you pay is more or less the ‘value’ you get. Although who pays RRP for wine on this forum? 😂

So the $139 you pay is more or less the ‘value’ you get. Although who pays RRP for wine on this forum? 😂
Unfortunately from what I saw, most people didn't even get the value they paid.

I knew it would be too risky, the champagne was definitely the best if the bunch.

boomy

Unfortunately from what I saw, most people didn't even get the value they paid.

I knew it would be too risky, the champagne was definitely the best if the bunch.

Not risky at all, QF wines are super easy to return.

For this amount it was definitely worth a punt.
The champagne pack was an outstanding value for those who are fans of Blanc de Blancs.

vm3365

What's everyone's view on wine from Costco?

Does it justify the membership fee?

Tyrrell's Old Winery Pinot Noir 6 x 750ml $34.97 ($5.83 Per Each) Delivered​

Dr Ralph

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
What's everyone's view on wine from Costco?

Does it justify the membership fee?
No. Same prices or better available elsewhere. But if you aren't prepared to look around/are a lazy shopper/need something now/prefer to do your shopping all in the same place then it may work out for you.

It's the same for their groceries.

Last edited:

Bill Bosworth

Got a link? Is it available anywhere else?

I went to buy some Wynn's Black Label, but decided on 1 bottle of Bin 389 2017 for $85, with 20% CB should bring it to $68ish

I'll still grab some Black Label next CB sale. It seems they happen every few weeks.
Was this: 2017 Mystery 'Outstanding' Margaret River Bordeaux Blend

Which turns out to be juniper estate aquitaine rouge 2017. 96 pts Halliday, 95pts Ray Jordan.

One that got away (except I did get 6)

Combining a phone charger and phone holder our Magnetic Wireless Car Phone Charger quickly charges your phone while driving without tangled cords!

Suitable for car dashboard air vent installation, our wireless phone charger makes phone calls and GPS navigation easier more convenient.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterwilliams83

Staff online