I tried to work out what wines are included in the mystery pack based on the review,
What review? I can't find any list?I tried to work out what wines are included in the mystery pack based on the review,
1. Confidential McLaren Vale Syrah 2008 - LPB 95 - Clarendon hills Piggott range syrah 2008
2. Confidential McLaren Vale Shiraz 2017 - CM 95 - ?
3. Confidential Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot, Margaret River 2015 - CM 96 - Voyager Estate 2015 cabernet sauvignon merlot
4. Confidential Grenache, Vine Vale 2019 - MB 92 - AN APPROACH TO RELAXATION Magnolia Grenache, Vine Vale 2019
5. Confidential Shiraz, McLaren Vale 2015 - JC 96 - MITOLO Marsican Shiraz, McLaren Vale 2015
6. Confidential Cabernet Sauvignon, Margaret River 2018 - EL 95 - ?
7. Confidential Pinot Noir, Yarra Valley 2018 - JH 95 -?
8. Confidential Pinot Noir, Yarra Valley 2018 - MB 94 -?
9. Confidential Volnay 2018 - JH 16.5+ - DOMAINE NICOLAS ROSSIGNOL, Volnay 2018
10. Confidential Viognier-Marsanne, Cotes-Du-Rhone Villages 2019 - JD 92 - TARDIEU-LAURENT Les Becs Fins, Cotes-du-Rhone Villages 2019
11. Confidential Merlot, Cotes De Castillon 2018 - Decanter 96 - CHATEAU ROBIN, Cotes de Castillon 2018
Do you guys think they justify the value $599 (RRP $1269)? Some cost around $150 (Domain Nicolas Rossignol) but few of them are less than the average price of $50 ($599/12).
I thought this was very smart, all over the Rosenthall I recently bought. Must say I was very impressed with Vasse Felix and Voyager restaurants, so will look at their restaurant next time.JD Cellars latest mailer is offering Wills Domain Paladin Hill Chardonnay 2020 for approx $40.
Been a bit of chat around these parts regarding Wills Domain so I thought I would record some thoughts.
I've been a fan of the winery for a while now, and it's unfortunate to see them having to resort to back channels to sell wine, and the corresponding devaluation of RRPs (the Curtis effect?). The wines themselves are usually above average to very good for the vintage, a step below Mosswood, Woodlands, Leeuwin et al. but not a huge step.
I say this in reference to their top end Chardonnay and Cabernet/Cabernet Blend, I don't drink much of the lower labels, which have always struck me as adequate. I also steer clear of non-typical MR varietals that they make, e.g. Shiraz, Schuerebe, sparkling etc... In my estimation MR Shiraz never, ever fails to disappoint; although of course educated palates disagree.
Vintage wise, firstly Wills has moved in a positive direction since about 2016, particularly evident since 2018, from very full bodied, ripe, oaky, malo expressions, to a much more contemporary leaner style. Secondly the chat around the winemakers at the moment is that 2020 was very, very good, and maybe better than 2018.
Also, the restaurant is bloody fantastic lately and I would put it up there with Vasse.
Thanks for coming to my TED talk about an obscure wine producer in MR.
This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.
Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.
If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!
This was at Dan’s as an under wraps for $35. I bought a couple and have opened one and it was good. Don’t think I’d pay more than $50 for it though (my upper limit for almost anything)Any experience with this Red Queen? I'm a fan of Dandelion's wines but $250 seems like a try on. I've never had his one and wondering of anyone had any thoughts on the wine for $90?
Interestingly they sell it for $178 rather than the quoted $250 - which does line up with Dandelion's price for the 2019.
2018 Dandelion Red Queen of the Eden Valley Shiraz from Eden Valley, South Australia, Australia - Buy Online & Read Reviews At The Wine Collectivewww.thewinecollective.com.au
actually it was just a clearance, 2014 vintage. Probably should have brought more…This was at Dan’s as an under wraps for $35. I bought a couple and have opened one and it was good. Don’t think I’d pay more than $50 for it though (my upper limit for almost anything)
I'm currently drinking the last of my 2009 and 2010 Red Queens, bought at $40 and $50, enjoying them a lot.actually it was just a clearance, 2014 vintage. Probably should have brought more…