Customer Loyalty Bonus Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

anchew

My Amex Ultimate is showing 'Customer Loyalty Bonus Points'. Has anyone seen this before and know what it is? I'm not complaining though. It seems like I'm getting 2.2 bonus points per $1, so that's 3.7 per $1 all up :D

I would assume you’ve bought/spent at a shop or on a product that would give you bonus points, without being aware.

My Amex Ultimate is showing 'Customer Loyalty Bonus Points'. Has anyone seen this before and know what it is? I'm not complaining though. It seems like I'm getting 2.2 bonus points per $1, so that's 3.7 per $1 all up :D

Have you received any e-mails regarding it? If not, maybe watch the mailbox for the next week or so... you may get something there telling you why?

I just checked my statement, and I too am getting a bonus, from all transactions starting on 23/08.

Code:
23/08/2010      ********************    $172.50     173     473     646
          Customer Loyalty Bonus Points         -     0     172      
          Customer Loyalty Bonus Points         -     0     129      
          Customer Loyalty Bonus Points         -     0     86      
          Platinum Credit Card Bonus Points     -     0     86

I have just paid my annual fee, so wonder if it's tied in to that?

I am getting the same thing. Obviously some sort of glitch. I shall enjoy it until they realize and reverse the points.

I also yesterday got customer loyal points for Coles but didn't receive any email or postcards. Only problem yesterday my total points were higher, but today they gone down the amount of bonus points, even though the bonus points still showing. what going on?

Yes, just checked mine this morning and also have about 2.25 bonus points per dollar.

BUT only on the transactions on 24th August.... One was for $250 and the other for $359. I had two small transactions on 25th August for $20 and $33, and these did NOT get bonuses. All transactions since then haven't yet come up on my rewards page.

My annual fee is not due at the moment, so don't think there's any relationship there. Didn't get any emails. Didn't get any letters.

Perhaps it is just a glitch in amex system!? :?: If you click on the + sign next to the transaction, the bonus points are split into 3 lines. Weird.

Anybody got any clues?

Yes, just checked mine this morning and also have about 2.25 bonus points per dollar.

BUT only on the transactions on 24th August.... One was for $250 and the other for $359. I had two small transactions on 25th August for $20 and $33, and these did NOT get bonuses. All transactions since then haven't yet come up on my rewards page.

My annual fee is not due at the moment, so don't think there's any relationship there. Didn't get any emails. Didn't get any letters.

Perhaps it is just a glitch in amex system!? :?: If you click on the + sign next to the transaction, the bonus points are split into 3 lines. Weird.

Anybody got any clues?

Based on the current glitch I'm getting about 3.8x on my base points :shock:

I am only getting the Loyalty points with spending on QF. My $1620 spend with them earnt a total of 6,050 points. All other transactions are earning per 1.5 to $1.

I have them showing up too....against Cabcharges! (Green Charge Card)

Last edited:
23/08/2010 $6,330.86

6,331 + 14,241 20,572

Customer Loyalty Bonus Points - 0 3,165
Customer Loyalty Bonus Points - 0 4,746
Customer Loyalty Bonus Points - 0 6,330

Transfered these to KrisFlyer straight away, will be interesting to see if there is any reversal of points as after the transfer I had a nil balance. No recent annual fee, but did change to Amex Platinum when Maximizer was phased out. I had just dropped back to 1 point a dollar last month after I reached the limit for this year (100K ?)

I have a few on a Qantas Business Gold Charge card and a Platiunum Credit card.

All were on 24th and subsequent similar transactions have not elicited any further.

23/08/2010 $6,330.86

6,331 + 14,241 20,572

Customer Loyalty Bonus Points - 0 3,165
Customer Loyalty Bonus Points - 0 4,746
Customer Loyalty Bonus Points - 0 6,330

Transfered these to KrisFlyer straight away, will be interesting to see if there is any reversal of points as after the transfer I had a nil balance. No recent annual fee, but did change to Amex Platinum when Maximizer was phased out. I had just dropped back to 1 point a dollar last month after I reached the limit for this year (100K ?)

It is possible to go into a negative balance if they do an adjustment:shock:

I had already been receiving a Customer Loyalty Bonus Points promotion (due to not cancelling my Gold Charge Card apparently - with an extra point per dollar up to $25,000 spend). But looking on the 24th for my spend I also got an additional 2.25 points per dollar (1 point, .5 points and .75 points) on top of the normal platinum bonus and the the 1 point per dollar bonus I was already receiving. Too bad my purchases on the 24th were significantly smaller than those above! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back