Cricket in the Playground | Page 3 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Cricket in the Playground

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Good pickup Ross but I think they just want to torture them for as long as possible.

Australia 1-181 with a lead of 626!

Kiwi Flyer

I agree. It is to make sure England are totally demoralised for the next test. A bit risky though - if England somehow manages to bat out 2 days then it backfires.

straitman

Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
I agree. It is to make sure England are totally demoralised for the next test. A bit risky though - if England somehow manages to bat out 2 days then it backfires.
Agreed, though this is the Poms we are talking about so the risk is quite low. :mrgreen: :D

NM

Flights
My Map
Well Warnie now has his first scalp. Two down at lunch on day 4. 8 scalps to go.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
A mini fightback from England! Collingwood and Pietersen with a 50 each.

England 3 for 212!

Last edited:

simongr

Enthusiast
JohnK said:
A mini fightback from England! Collingwood and Petersen with a 50 each.

England 3 for 212!
I think it was pietersen - not flintoff ;)

ALl they need to do is bat all day tomorrow...

straitman

Flights
My Map
simongr said:
;)

Yeah, ... and that's likely to happen :!:

Maybe they could come here for some advice on flights home. :mrgreen:

JohnK

AFF Supporter
simongr said:
I think it was pietersen - not flintoff ;)

There is something strange happening here. :confused: I typed in Flintof by accident and then edited the post straightaway to Petersen.

When I view the post it displays as "A mini fightback from England! Collingwood and Flintof with a 50 each."

When I go to edit post it displays as "A mini fightback from England! Collingwood and Petersen with a 50 each." then click on save and it still displays with Flintof. :confused: Even your quote of my post displays Petersen. Finally the edit has worked.

serfty

Flights
My Map
They'll need to get those 5 wickets ASAP given the forecast for possible rain this afternoon:
www.bom.gov.au said:
Forecast for Monday
Mostly fine. A possible late afternoon or evening thunderstorm. Light to
moderate N to NE winds, fresh at times near the bay.

simongr

Enthusiast
In six years of drought since I moved here, never have prayed so hard for rain ;)

NM

Flights
My Map
simongr said:
In six years of drought since I moved here, never have prayed so hard for rain ;)
But typical Brissy afternoon thunder storms don't arrive until around 4pm. Will be well and truly over by then :p

simongr

Enthusiast
I liked the power cut option:

www.baggygreen.com.au said:
Meanwhile, there's been a massive power cut at the ground, so there's no electricity anywhere which could mean a lack of TV pictures. A few of the analysts are looking like lost sheep ambling around the outfield but Michael Holding clearly has friends in high places as he is filing his pitch report.

NM

Flights
My Map
Lee claims the first scalp in the first over of the morning. And England still only have century makers in the bowling stats.

simongr

Enthusiast
Not the best start to the day. Only 5 hours of play left though :D

serfty

Flights
My Map
Australia took the new ball and with's Lee's third delivery with it, Pietersen was OUT...

Dum dah de dum, dah de dum dum dum dum dah ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neean