Couple of questions re Qantas Club Lounge | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Couple of questions re Qantas Club Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

geffa18

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2007
Messages
38
I just received 2 complimentary inviations to the qantas club lounge after my first yearly spend on my AMEX premium card, i have never accessed the lounge before and have a few questions.

Is there just one lounge, ie for all travellers without regard if they are flying econ/bus/first class. or do seperate lounges exist?

if there are different lounges what do the complimentary invitations allow me to access??

thanks all once again,
cheers
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
The complementary invitation will get you into the domestic Qants Club lounges or the International Business Class lounges.

Some international terminals have both Business Class and First Class lounges. First Class lounges are available for passengers travelling in the First Class cabin and for OneWorld Emerald passengers travelling in any cabin. Qantas Platinum FF members can use the F lounge even when not flying with Qantas.

The Business Class lounges (at international terminals) are available to Business Class passengers, Qantas Club members and OneWorld Sapphire FF members. Your comlementary invitation will provide access to the Business Class lounge when travelling on an international flight with Qantas.

Currently domestic lounges are just the one lounge for all eligible members. However, Qantas has announced that they will soon build additional lounge capacity for OneWorld Emerald members and Business Class passengers, separate to the regular Qantas Club lounge that will be available to OneWorld Sapphire members and Qantas Club members. You complementary invitations will provide access to the regular Qantas Club domestic lounges.

Note the terms and conditions printed on the invitation. It is only valid at Qantas Club lounges and not at affiliate lounges such as those operated by AA, BA etc.
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,735
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
geffa18 said:
I just received 2 complimentary inviations to the qantas club lounge after my first yearly spend on my AMEX premium card, i have never accessed the lounge before and have a few questions.

Is there just one lounge, ie for all travellers without regard if they are flying econ/bus/first class. or do seperate lounges exist?

if there are different lounges what do the complimentary invitations allow me to access??

thanks all once again,
cheers

geffa18,


Are you talking Domestic or International?

Internationally there are two lounges, with an F lounge for F pax and Platinum FF's and a business lounge for J pax and FF Gold.

Domestically there is one lounge for all though that is to be split to two (similar to Int) around the middle of next year. There are many previous discussions about this.
 

geffa18

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2007
Messages
38
thanks everyone, i still cant beliebe how efficient this forum is, within minutes of posting a question i get a reply.
thanks all.
 

wallacej

Active Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
802
Flights
My Map
geffa18 said:
thanks everyone, i still cant beliebe how efficient this forum is, within minutes of posting a question i get a reply.
thanks all.
Unfortauntely for some of us (me included) - this is our social life....:p ;)
 

Shano

Established Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,244
Flights
My Map
wallacej said:
simongr said:
What is this life you talk of?
I do recall experiencing this many years ago, however it was short lived.:D
I believe it was back in the daye before BB's and broadband internet.......
 

v8Statesman

Established Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
2,222
Flights
My Map
Shano said:
I believe it was back in the daye before BB's and broadband internet.......
Way way way OT. Before that was Multiline BBS (and the like) on a 1200/75 baud acoustic coupler modem. I remember my first non coupler modem, a Netcomm Smartmodem 1234. 2400 bps data, 9600 Fax. Those are memories.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
v8Statesman said:
I remember my first non coupler modem, a Netcomm Smartmodem 1234. 2400 bps data, 9600 Fax. Those are memories.
I still have one of them in the cupboard (the SA version that support Synch as well as Asynch) :oops: :oops: :oops:
 
Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Shano

Established Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,244
Flights
My Map
Some of you are showing your age.... although the fact that you can still remember should be commended ;)
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,735
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Shano said:
Some of you are showing your age.... although the fact that you can still remember should be commended ;)
Although nobody seems to have remembered what the topic is for a while now :!: :rolleyes:
 

rhjames

Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
353
straitman said:
Although nobody seems to have remembered what the topic is for a while now :!: :rolleyes:
Drifting back towards the topic, I have used the new Qantas first class lounge for dinner, but am now faxced with a dilemma - I have an early flight to NZ. Do I delay leaving home so as to get more sleep, or get up earlier so I can have breakfast in the lounge and make an event of it? I mean, how good can a breakfast really be?
 

wallacej

Active Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
802
Flights
My Map
rhjames said:
Drifting back towards the topic, I have used the new Qantas first class lounge for dinner, but am now faxced with a dilemma - I have an early flight to NZ. Do I delay leaving home so as to get more sleep, or get up earlier so I can have breakfast in the lounge and make an event of it? I mean, how good can a breakfast really be?
The fact someone else cooks and cleans up is enough for me...:p
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
rhjames said:
I mean, how good can a breakfast really be?
How good was the dinner? In my opinion the breakfast is OK. If you value your sleep more then the breakfast alone is not worth getting to the lounge early.
 

bambbbam2

Active Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
857
wallacej said:
The fact someone else cooks and cleans up is enough for me...:p
I've always found that even a coffee made for me tastes a little sweeter than one I have to make myself.. :)
 

rhjames

Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
353
JohnK said:
How good was the dinner? In my opinion the breakfast is OK. If you value your sleep more then the breakfast alone is not worth getting to the lounge early.
Dinner was excellent - as good as any restaurant. (Note I'm not a fussy eater - food to me is basically an energy source so I can play sport) If I'm flying economy I'd rather be early and have dinner in the lounge. Not sure about business and first - I find the food on the plane pretty good for both these classes, and for long flights it's an event that breaks the boredom. I suppose it depends on the timing. If it's a late evening departure (eg 9 - 10pm) I have dinner in the lounge, and sleep as soon as we take off, rather than eat.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
rhjames said:
Drifting back towards the topic, I have used the new Qantas first class lounge for dinner, but am now faxced with a dilemma - I have an early flight to NZ. Do I delay leaving home so as to get more sleep, or get up earlier so I can have breakfast in the lounge and make an event of it? I mean, how good can a breakfast really be?
I would head to the lounge in time for breakfast, eat, enjoy and then catch up on the sleep on the flight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top