Converting SQ miles to Air NZ flights - seat allocation | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Converting SQ miles to Air NZ flights - seat allocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIA1A

I've just purchased two Air New Zealand tickets (for me + partner) using SQ miles. ANZ is a Star Alliance partner of SQ. I had no alternative but to do the transaction manually but the phone was surprisingly effficient - I received exactly the flights that I requested, even though it took 24 hours to confirm.

I can now see the two tickets after logging on to KrisFlyer. However, unlike with regular SQ reservations I cannot pre-allocate seats.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? What is the normal procedure for paid Air NewZealand reservations? I have never used this airline before. (Perhaps I should be asking this question over in the ANZ forum.)

dajop

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
SIA1A said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? What is the normal procedure for paid Air NewZealand reservations? I have never used this airline before. (Perhaps I should be asking this question over in the ANZ forum.)
My first point of call would be to ring Air New Zealand (contact no on their website) and quote the booking reference or flight number/day/name to them and see if they can help. If not try calling Krisflyer to see if they can help.

trooper

AFF Supporter
NZ currently has no online seat selection.... you have to call even when booking on the website..

It's a painless process IME.... hope it works the same for your booking! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ciri