Converting SQ miles to Air NZ flights - seat allocation

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer' started by SIA1A, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. SIA1A

SIA1A Member

May 23, 2007
    I've just purchased two Air New Zealand tickets (for me + partner) using SQ miles. ANZ is a Star Alliance partner of SQ. I had no alternative but to do the transaction manually but the phone was surprisingly effficient - I received exactly the flights that I requested, even though it took 24 hours to confirm.

I can now see the two tickets after logging on to KrisFlyer. However, unlike with regular SQ reservations I cannot pre-allocate seats.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? What is the normal procedure for paid Air NewZealand reservations? I have never used this airline before. (Perhaps I should be asking this question over in the ANZ forum.)

2. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    My first point of call would be to ring Air New Zealand (contact no on their website) and quote the booking reference or flight number/day/name to them and see if they can help. If not try calling Krisflyer to see if they can help.

3. trooper

trooper Established Member

Apr 16, 2007
    Canberra
    NZ currently has no online seat selection.... you have to call even when booking on the website..

It's a painless process IME.... hope it works the same for your booking! :D