Credit Card Offers CommBank Ultimate Awards Card Discussion

Considering WW transfers to QF are still 2:1, couldn’t you avoid the $149 QF annual fee by converting Yello > WW > QF?
 
THe ultimate card I have seems less and less viable with no way to avoid the annual fee with the $4000 monthly spend and now Qantas points look like they are finished.
Only benefit is zero foreign exch fees and travel insurance
 
THe ultimate card I have seems less and less viable with no way to avoid the annual fee with the $4000 monthly spend and now Qantas points look like they are finished.
Only benefit is zero foreign exch fees and travel insurance

Yeah, it's a pretty thin on the ground offering, now.

That said, I rate the travel insurance. I've used it twice (as in made claims - I've used it more than that and not had to claim), it has come through with flying colours both times, and if you travel (other than to the US, where I wouldn't necessarily trust it), $420 for an annual travel insurance policy isn't too bad!

The policy stacks up against commercial policies (I've read it and compared it to commercial policies with a fine-toothed comb), and it neatly accepts my particular blend of pre-existing medical conditions without batting an eyelid.
 
VFF redemptions will apparently commence from November. I think currently you can pre-register in the app? And there is a 20% auto transfer bonus for 6 months once it commences.

 
I noticed a three month Dashpass offering today, but still no "free dashpass" available (as still promised on the the CBA website) - I'm assuming that the three months is to allow time for the Dash Pass team to get their sht together and deliver the version of the app that actually has the free dashpass for CBA cards in it.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top