Answered - Clear plastic bags for liquids | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered Clear plastic bags for liquids

mrsterryn

AFF Supporter
Can they be any thing except clear ziplock bags ?
Just reading an article on travel accessories and it.showed a clear plastic bag for liquids which wasnt the old Glad Ziploc bags .
Have to say I haven't looked at other people's liquids bag holders

cove

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
They made me put my heart medication into a ziplock clear plastic bag in London. I would have preferred to have not moved it at all even though I have never had to use the under the tongue spray.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
A clear plastic bag with a capacity of one quart/litre or less is what is needed. Ziplock is not essential.

love_the_life

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I often use the cheap clear ziplock food type ones from the supermarket but I do have one from a travel store that is thicker with a better zipper across the top.

kookaburra75

Flights
My Map
I bought a LAG zip up bag from Katmandu, which is quite tough and had lasted me a few years now. It also came with refillable bottles and containers. Not as cheap as a zip lock bag but a lot tougher

Last edited:

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Any clear plastic bag, including ziplocks have worked for me, all round the world. Only at Heathrow did some-one once tut-tut what i had used, but that's Heathrow for you.

Pushka

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Any clear plastic bag, including ziplocks have worked for me, all round the world. Only at Heathrow did some-one once tut-tut what i had used, but that's Heathrow for you.
Gosh, I never use anything else but a ziplock. Damn convicts. Never learnt to behave in public.

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
I grab 6-7 ziplock bags available at security but I hardly ever use them and I'm not asked to use them. Last time I had perfume and other times I may have a few of the miniature spirit bottles.

Pushka

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
At Canadian airports, they have (or used to have) plain, clear plastic bags available at the start of the security queue for those who hadn't prepared; red maple leaf logo and all. I used to stock up :) .
Damn. Not flying out of Canada.

Matt_01

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I came across this 2-3 years back and have never had any issues. From memory it was a few bucks on-line (Amazon maybe). It is clear on both sides.

IMG_0018.jpg

mrsterryn

AFF Supporter
Thank you all for your responses.. I think I will go for one similar to the above with a Ziploc at the ready if required

Matt_01

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Thank you all for your responses.. I think I will go for one similar to the above with a Ziploc at the ready if required
I just pulled it out of the draw, it is always packed ready to go and is resupplied from amenity kits or hotel products. Like other frequent travellers I know what I like to travel with and it is in carry on. The full contents look like this

IMG_0019.jpg

If I can find the same one I have, or similar I will PM you the details. For the record it just has a zipper and is pretty much bullet proof.

Last edited:

mrsterryn

AFF Supporter
I just pulled it out of the draw, it is always packed ready to go and is resupplied from amenity kits or hotel products. Like other frequent travellers I know what I like to travel with and it is in carry on. The full contents look like this

View attachment 150535

If I can find the same one I have, or similar I will PM you the details. For the record it just has a zipper and is pretty much bullet proof.
Brilliant thank you.
I have the Ziploc usually ready to go with bits but much prefer a sturdier container

Renato1

Established Member
No one has asked to see our clear zip-lock bags for at least the last three years of flying, if not longer.

Though I get pulled up half the time at the X-ray screening for my ice pack that keeps medication cool.
Regards,
Renato

D

Deleted member 29185

I came across this 2-3 years back and have never had any issues. From memory it was a few bucks on-line (Amazon maybe). It is clear on both sides.

View attachment 150488
Do they winge about other things in it?

I've always just used one that is at security (at least the did have them at BNE the last time I wad there). CNS used to use them but don't seem to bother these days.

I carry some essential first aid and toiletries in a case that might be OK, but it has a lot of non-gel crap in there as well.

IMG_20190119_124543.jpg

Himeno

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I once got in trouble at LHR for not having a bag.

I had no liquids, thus no reason to have a bag.

kookaburra75

Flights
My Map
Anyone used these bags through USA?
I've had no issues with this bag with travel through the US and elsewhere. It meets the specifications for size. Sometimes they take out the QV wash or lotion for checking as it's a white liquid. The only time I had a problem was when I put in an old toothpaste tube that was nearly empty and I had rolled it up. As it could have held more than the limit of 100ml if it was full, I had to take it out and bin it.IMG_20190119_172937724.jpg

AFF on Air Podcast

• Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt cha ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CX913