citibank smart marketing

Discussion in 'CitiBank Rewards Program' started by Guest, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

okay...my platinum visa is due for renewal next month and I received a letter in the mail today with a new "approved" credit limit.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Being self employed its already hard enough to obtain credit and the amount of credit they are throwing my way is absolutely rediculous for my age... (no wonder so many aussies are in debt)

I don't think $250/year is really worth it, but I do beleive it is worth it for having this new limit, which also makes for some coin on the balance transfer/term deposit thing.

Has anyone attempted to cancel their card and NOT been offered something to stay? I've got a few fuzzy feelings inside that they may not offer me anything as I've hardly used my card over the past 12 months - just a few restraunts...

2. johnsmith

johnsmith Member

Dec 5, 2004
    What do you consider is a large limit, I can get large CC limits with most banks but Citibank only gave me $7000.00.

3. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I think my credit limit is ridiculous for someone of any age. But that's probably just me.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I consider any under 25 year old that can buy a decent car using 1 credit card too much credit. (well..most under 25yr olds)

5. BlacKnox

BlacKnox Active Member

Jan 29, 2005
    What do you consider is a decent car? :shock:

6. johnsmith

johnsmith Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Well I would think a decent car would cost at least A$50,000. I have credit cards that I could buy a car like this on but since this is far more than my annual salary it wouldn't be a good idea. Just because they offer you a large limit doesn't mean that you have to spend it all. After all its the banks money. People should have a bit more self control.