citibank smart marketing

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

okay...my platinum visa is due for renewal next month and I received a letter in the mail today with a new "approved" credit limit.

Being self employed its already hard enough to obtain credit and the amount of credit they are throwing my way is absolutely rediculous for my age... (no wonder so many aussies are in debt)

I don't think $250/year is really worth it, but I do beleive it is worth it for having this new limit, which also makes for some coin on the balance transfer/term deposit thing.

Has anyone attempted to cancel their card and NOT been offered something to stay? I've got a few fuzzy feelings inside that they may not offer me anything as I've hardly used my card over the past 12 months - just a few restraunts...

d00t said:
okay...my platinum visa is due for renewal next month and I received a letter in the mail today with a new "approved" credit limit.

Being self employed its already hard enough to obtain credit and the amount of credit they are throwing my way is absolutely rediculous for my age... (no wonder so many aussies are in debt)

I don't think $250/year is really worth it, but I do beleive it is worth it for having this new limit, which also makes for some coin on the balance transfer/term deposit thing.

Has anyone attempted to cancel their card and NOT been offered something to stay? I've got a few fuzzy feelings inside that they may not offer me anything as I've hardly used my card over the past 12 months - just a few restraunts...

What do you consider is a large limit, I can get large CC limits with most banks but Citibank only gave me $7000.00.

d00t said:

I think my credit limit is ridiculous for someone of any age. But that's probably just me.

johnsmith said:
d00t said:

What do you consider is a large limit, I can get large CC limits with most banks but Citibank only gave me $7000.00.

I consider any under 25 year old that can buy a decent car using 1 credit card too much credit. (well..most under 25yr olds)

johnsmith said:

d00t said:
I consider any under 25 year old that can buy a decent car using 1 credit card too much credit. (well..most under 25yr olds).

What do you consider is a decent car? :shock:

BlacKnox said:
johnsmith said:

d00t said:
I consider any under 25 year old that can buy a decent car using 1 credit card too much credit. (well..most under 25yr olds).

What do you consider is a decent car? :shock:

Well I would think a decent car would cost at least A$50,000. I have credit cards that I could buy a car like this on but since this is far more than my annual salary it wouldn't be a good idea. Just because they offer you a large limit doesn't mean that you have to spend it all. After all its the banks money. People should have a bit more self control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back