Citibank Signature 90k QFF bonus, $4k spend in 90 days, $0 first yr annual fee, exp 30 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangol

Established Member

No sign of an exclusion period for existing or former recent cardholders.
No sign of bonus point earn with Qantas spend.
$49 Citibank Qantas Rewards Program fee that you have to pay in order to earn QFF points.

Earn rates are
Uncapped:
1 point per dollar on international spend
1 point per dollar made directly with major airlines, hotel chains and restaurants in Australia
0.75 points per dollar made directly at major supermarkets, petrol outlets and national retailers (uncapped)

Capped:
0.5 points per dollar on all other Eligible Transactions up to $20,000 per statement period
An "Eligible transaction" is:
Eligible Transaction means any purchase excluding (but not limited to) Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Special Promotions, BPAY payments, purchases of foreign currency and travellers cheques, transactions made in operating a business, payments to other Citi accounts, bank fees and charges such as interest and ATM charges, transactions made using Points and government related transactions. Government related transactions include transactions with government or semi-government entities, or relating to services provided by or in connection with government (for example but not limited to transactions made at Australia Post, payments to the Australian Taxation Office, council rates, motor registries, tolls, parking stations and meters, fares on public transport, fines and court related costs). Please note that whether or not a transaction is an Eligible Transaction will be determined based on information provided either by the merchant or the relevant financial institution (including information about the type of business conducted by the merchant). This means that, for example, spend with certain merchants may be characterised as spend with a government related entity and therefore not an Eligible Transaction, even if that merchant is not in fact a government related entity.

Apply for the Citi Signature Qantas Credit Card and receive 90,000 Qantas Points when you spend $4,000 within 90 days from approval.
To earn 90,000 bonus Qantas Points, you must apply for a new Citi Signature Qantas Credit Card by 30 June 2019, then spend $4,000 on your Citi Signature Qantas Credit Card card within 90 days from approval. Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, refunds, chargebacks, Special Promotions and spend on the Linked Diners Club Card do not contribute to the spend threshold. The bonus Qantas Points will ordinarily be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account within 6 - 8 weeks of meeting the spend criteria. All rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citibank Rewards Program. Offer may be extended. Qantas Points are defined in the Citibank Rewards and Citibank Qantas Rewards Program Terms and Conditions as Qantas Frequent Flyer Points. Qantas Points are earned in accordance with the Citibank Qantas Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program and have advised us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number before you can participate in Citibank Qantas Rewards. You will only earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points after you advise us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number. An additional annual fee of $49 will apply to join the Citibank Qantas Rewards program. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions, available at qantas.com/terms. Your Rewards Balance will be automatically redeemed for Qantas Frequent Flyer Points at the end of each Statement Period. It may take 28 business days for the Qantas Frequent Flyer Points to appear in your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account.

Plus, enjoy no annual card fee in the first year (normally $395), with an annual $49 fee for the Citibank Qantas Rewards Program.
Subject to your acceptance you will be billed an annual card fee of $0 in the first year, when you apply for a new Citi Signature Qantas Credit Card by 30 June 2019. This will revert to the full annual card fee, currently $395, in subsequent years. An additional annual fee of $49 will apply for enrolling in the Citibank Qantas Rewards Program.

Not bad in the current market considering $4,049 of eligible spend will get you a minimum of 92,000 points.

This is timely as I’ve just begun looking for the next churn. Definitely on the short list. Cancelled a virgin money card 6 months ago. What are people’s current experiences with the unofficial Citi exclusion period?

Being an existing cardholder I called and was told that I would be eligible for the bonus.
Also told 5 working days for processing (maximum 7).

The application form refuses to recognise my address, has anyone with a street number like “31A” had similar issues?

Before I apply for this, wanting to keep the enquiry worthwhile, do we know what Citi like or dislike in an application? I know from past discussion that they are pretty quick to decline applications and being my first application with them, I'd like to tidy up a bit beforehand. Has anyone cracked the Citi code to any degree or is it just take a hard enquiry on the file and find out the hard way? No issues with the income requirement and I am currently holding ANZ FF Black and Amex QF Ultimate.

Being an existing cardholder I called and was told that I would be eligible for the bonus.
Also told 5 working days for processing (maximum 7).

Thanks Kangol, sounds like a very decent offer!

Will hopefully be able to utilise this offer shortly. No exclusion period is definitely beneficial.

Applied last night, approval came through less than 12 hours later with nothing more than a payslip supplied. Much better experience with some other banks that have really made it hard to get approved.

Applied last night, approval came through less than 12 hours later with nothing more than a payslip supplied. Much better experience with some other banks that have really made it hard to get approved.

Did you have other investment income though?

I got conditional approval, uploaded documents, called today to follow up and try to speed it up :p
Will see how long it takes to get the card and the bonus.

I applied and uploaded payslip, approval came through in less than 24 hours.

Got declined :( First time this happens to me. Got a citi credit card like 3 years ago.
I churned 5 credit cards in the last 12 months, two are Qantas premier, backed by citibank)
I guess that's too much for citibank...
Anyone in a similar situation (or worse) managed to get approved?

Declined too. This would have been my 4th Citibank backed card in 12 months or so, 2 x Virgin Flyers (1 current) and 1 x Qantas Premier (cancelled). Also holding a couple of cards at the moment with larger than ideal credit limits, so all things considered, maybe a stretch. No activity on Credit Savvy, so hopefully it didn't get to a credit check.

Disappointing though - this was an ideal card to churn.

I applied on Thursday and I'm still waiting for some movement. Application status is still "Submitted".

My wife applied last night, too, so it will be interesting to see how she goes. For some reason she often gets instant approval with these things, whereas I almost never do, even though I manage my money much better than she does! I've never missed a repayment and always pay the card in full each month. Go figure.

My wife applied last night, too, so it will be interesting to see how she goes. For some reason she often gets instant approval with these things, whereas I almost never do, even though I manage my money much better than she does! I've never missed a repayment and always pay the card in full each month. Go figure.
It's almost like that's what they want to spend the ~$900 customer acquisition fee on! (I am sure it is more than just the 90K points, there would be backoffice costs involved too).

Last edited:
I applied on Thursday and I'm still waiting for some movement. Application status is still "Submitted".

Well there you go - my wife just got approved after less than 24 hours and I'm still waiting 4 days later. I can't work out why this always happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back