Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Citibank Platinum vs HSBC Platinum (Visa)

Discussion in 'General Credit Card Discussion' started by phoenixgod, Mar 3, 2005.

1. phoenixgod

phoenixgod Newbie

Mar 3, 2005
    I use credit cards mainly for shopping/dining/travelling purposes. Can anyone tell me which of these cards are better than the other and why?^^.

Thank you beforehand for the help^^.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. Big_spender

Big_spender Newbie

Mar 13, 2005
    HSBC Platinum service is terrible. They outsource the VISA Platinum services to a call centre in Asia.

The Rewards program is also bad - it does not have the ability to transfer points to any frequent flyer programs.

For the $350 fee, it represents a poor value card.

I have the American Express Platinum Card as well, and while the annual fee is $900 the benefits are so much better.

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    No too different to the other card/bank being asked about. I have spoken to seveal strongly accented people from their Indian call centre.

4. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Doesn't all Plat Visa call centre stuff get sent to Singapore anyway?

I've tried the Visa Plat call centre before, and it always gets sent there.

Of course your standard banking enquiries etc go through your bank - their call centre could be anywhere.

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    My discussions with the CitiBank Call Centre in India was nothing to do with a Platinum Visa (or a Visa of any metalic substance). It was definately CitiBank and definately in India.

6. ronone69

ronone69 Intern

Dec 12, 2004
    Melbourne
    The best (and cheapest) Platinum card is the Commonwealth Bank's Platinum Mastercard but they are of course a pain in the ass to deal with. They have no point earning limit, an annual fee of $250 and $1 for $1 transfers to QF