Citibank Platinum vs HSBC Platinum (Visa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixgod

I use credit cards mainly for shopping/dining/travelling purposes. Can anyone tell me which of these cards are better than the other and why?^^.

Thank you beforehand for the help^^.

HSBC Platinum service is terrible. They outsource the VISA Platinum services to a call centre in Asia.

The Rewards program is also bad - it does not have the ability to transfer points to any frequent flyer programs.

For the $350 fee, it represents a poor value card.

I have the American Express Platinum Card as well, and while the annual fee is $900 the benefits are so much better.

Big_spender said:
HSBC Platinum service is terrible. They outsource the VISA Platinum services to a call centre in Asia.
No too different to the other card/bank being asked about. I have spoken to seveal strongly accented people from their Indian call centre.

Doesn't all Plat Visa call centre stuff get sent to Singapore anyway?

I've tried the Visa Plat call centre before, and it always gets sent there.

Of course your standard banking enquiries etc go through your bank - their call centre could be anywhere.

My discussions with the CitiBank Call Centre in India was nothing to do with a Platinum Visa (or a Visa of any metalic substance). It was definately CitiBank and definately in India.

The best (and cheapest) Platinum card is the Commonwealth Bank's Platinum Mastercard but they are of course a pain in the cough to deal with. They have no point earning limit, an annual fee of $250 and $1 for $1 transfers to QF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back