Citibank Platinum points CAP | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Citibank Platinum points CAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian jarvis

Just downloaded my latest Citibank Plat stat and a new message tagged on the bottom says "A maximum of 120,000 Reward points can be earned in each anniversary year, please see the Rewards Terms and Conditions for more information"
Maybe we all complain to Citibank?
Ian QFF Life etc

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
The 120,000 point limit is mentioned in the Terms and Conditions, and has been for quite some time (i.e. years). There are also lower limits for gold and silver cards, but I don't have the Terms and Conditions with me so I can't look them up.

StevePER

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
The limit for the silver card is theoretically 40000 (and has been for at least a few years). I don't think it's actually enforced, but I'll test it out soon.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Indeed. I will check the wording tonight, but as I remember it was something around Citibank may limit the points.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Here you go:

3.6 Citibank may at its absolute discretion choose to limit the maximum number of Reward points that may be awarded to each Account in any period of 12 months beginning from the day Your Account's annual fee (even if waived) is chargeable, but will not limit such reward points to less than

(i) Silver Account: 40,000 Reward points;
(ii) Gold Account: 60,000 Reward points;
(iii) Platinum Account: 120,000 Reward points.

ian jarvis

Just received my latest Citibank Plat. stat. Had a $40,000 spend, NO POINTS EARNED, explanation was that I was over the yearly cap and would not earn any points untill the anniversary of my membership was up. :cry:

straitman

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
ian jarvis said:
Just received my latest Citibank Plat. stat. Had a $40,000 spend, NO POINTS EARNED, explanation was that I was over the yearly cap and would not earn any points untill the anniversary of my membership was up. :cry:
If I was you I'd be really :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: about now :!:

aus_flyer

Established Member
ian jarvis said:
That is seriously crap. A business class upgrade to HKG gone to waste...

Mahtoh

Why oh why are you using that card when there are cheaper cards with no cap?

PaulZ

odoherty said:
Mahtoh said:
Why oh why are you using that card when there are cheaper cards with no cap?
Care to elaborate?
The Woolworths EzyBanking Credit Card...
Annual Fee $39. $1 = 1 Point = 1 QF Point... Unlimited..

The Point Earning Rules could change due to Woolworths splitting from CBA... but you might as well take advantage of it while you can... There is no news to suggest it will change!

Expect it to take about 3-4 weeks from application to receipt of card ... but the wait is worth it.

Look at the following forum for more information... http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/discus/viewtopic.php?t=777

Paul

seaneos

The Woolworths EzyBanking Credit Card...
Annual Fee $39. $1 = 1 Point = 1 QF Point... Unlimited..

The Point Earning Rules could change due to Woolworths splitting from CBA... but you might as well take advantage of it while you can... There is no news to suggest it will change!

Expect it to take about 3-4 weeks from application to receipt of card ... but the wait is worth it.

Look at the following forum for more information... Australian Frequent Flyer Community - Join to discuss & learn

Paul
Surely this card will not be worth a cracker after march 31?

Does anyone else know anything about this card? its the first I have heard about you being able to transfer to Qantas. Sounds like a good deal if they will allow you to opt in to Qantas.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Surely this card will not be worth a cracker after march 31?

Does anyone else know anything about this card? its the first I have heard about you being able to transfer to Qantas. Sounds like a good deal if they will allow you to opt in to Qantas.
This is an old thread and the card no longer exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feilidxy

Currently Active Users