Citibank Gold - Still Fee Free? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Citibank Gold - Still Fee Free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coathanger

Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2006
Messages
157
The "free for life" Gold Card offer sounds very attractive and I applied via this link: Citibank Australia - Special Introductory Offer Application

However, at the end of the application I was told that the application cannot be processed and to call 13 24 84. Shortly after this, I received this email:

Dear Coathanger

Thank you for your application. Please note we are still processing your application and will contact you shortly.

If you have provided your email address, we will email you an Application Reference number, which will allow you to check the current status online at Application Status.

Alternatively, you will receive a letter advising the success of your application.


[Name Removed]
Manager, Credit Initiation
Unsecured Credit Acceptance



So is this offer no longer avaliable or did I just not meet the scoring criteria?
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,678
Flights
My Map
Coathanger said:
However, at the end of the application I was told that the application cannot be processed and to call 13 24 84. Shortly after this, I received this email:

[....]


If you have provided your email address,
Gotta love that :)


Coathanger said:
So is this offer no longer avaliable or did I just not meet the scoring criteria?
I guess there was something about your application that needed clarification.
 

wombatcountry

Intern
Joined
Mar 27, 2006
Messages
53
From the link provided above it seems that both Gold and Silver cards would have no annual fee for the life of the account. Do I read it right? Are both cards offering QF points, or is it just the Gold VISA? Would it matter if I were to chose a MC?
 

one9

Active Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
596
Coathanger said:
The "free for life" Gold Card offer sounds very attractive and I applied via this link: Citibank Australia - Special Introductory Offer Application

However, at the end of the application I was told that the application cannot be processed and to call 13 24 84. Shortly after this, I received this email:

Dear Coathanger

Thank you for your application. Please note we are still processing your application and will contact you shortly.

If you have provided your email address, we will email you an Application Reference number, which will allow you to check the current status online at Application Status.

Alternatively, you will receive a letter advising the success of your application.


[Name Removed]
Manager, Credit Initiation
Unsecured Credit Acceptance


So is this offer no longer avaliable or did I just not meet the scoring criteria?
The reason you got the error is because Citibank application backs up around 10pm - 2am so if you apply or check status anytime during this time, you will get an error.

I warned about this before. I really don't know why Citibank don't fix this or at least put a message that explains that the application saved OK and they will process it later when their system is back up.

Don't worry, you will get advised by email when your card is approved (or declined). Usually take about 4 days, depending on how successful they are at calling your employer/accountant and confirming details.
 

Cyberdog100

Intern
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
70
Its good to see they still have this offer, although they keep changing the link for it!

I got one of these at the end of last year, also got an error at the end saying the application cannot be processed, something along the same lines. I kept calling customer service to get updates and they couldn't tell me anything.

I think it took 2-3 weeks and finally got it approved, received the letter and both primary and secondard cards are fee free for life and have transfer to Qantas frequent flyer at 1:1 :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
81,587
Messages
1,883,743
Members
49,485
Latest member
iamolhaaaa
Top