Citibank Gold - Still Fee Free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coathanger

The "free for life" Gold Card offer sounds very attractive and I applied via this link: Citibank Australia - Special Introductory Offer Application

However, at the end of the application I was told that the application cannot be processed and to call 13 24 84. Shortly after this, I received this email:

Dear Coathanger

Thank you for your application. Please note we are still processing your application and will contact you shortly.

If you have provided your email address, we will email you an Application Reference number, which will allow you to check the current status online at Application Status.

Alternatively, you will receive a letter advising the success of your application.

[Name Removed]
Manager, Credit Initiation
Unsecured Credit Acceptance

So is this offer no longer avaliable or did I just not meet the scoring criteria?

Coathanger said:
However, at the end of the application I was told that the application cannot be processed and to call 13 24 84. Shortly after this, I received this email:

[....]

If you have provided your email address,

Gotta love that :)

Coathanger said:
So is this offer no longer avaliable or did I just not meet the scoring criteria?

I guess there was something about your application that needed clarification.

From the link provided above it seems that both Gold and Silver cards would have no annual fee for the life of the account. Do I read it right? Are both cards offering QF points, or is it just the Gold VISA? Would it matter if I were to chose a MC?

Coathanger said:
The "free for life" Gold Card offer sounds very attractive and I applied via this link: Citibank Australia - Special Introductory Offer Application

Dear Coathanger

Thank you for your application. Please note we are still processing your application and will contact you shortly.

If you have provided your email address, we will email you an Application Reference number, which will allow you to check the current status online at Application Status.

Alternatively, you will receive a letter advising the success of your application.

[Name Removed]
Manager, Credit Initiation
Unsecured Credit Acceptance

The reason you got the error is because Citibank application backs up around 10pm - 2am so if you apply or check status anytime during this time, you will get an error.

I warned about this before. I really don't know why Citibank don't fix this or at least put a message that explains that the application saved OK and they will process it later when their system is back up.

Don't worry, you will get advised by email when your card is approved (or declined). Usually take about 4 days, depending on how successful they are at calling your employer/accountant and confirming details.

Its good to see they still have this offer, although they keep changing the link for it!

I got one of these at the end of last year, also got an error at the end saying the application cannot be processed, something along the same lines. I kept calling customer service to get updates and they couldn't tell me anything.

I think it took 2-3 weeks and finally got it approved, received the letter and both primary and secondard cards are fee free for life and have transfer to Qantas frequent flyer at 1:1 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back