Citibank Dining - Free Wine Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantine

Intern
Hi all,

Have people had much success on the whole with claiming the Complimentary Wine Offer from participating restaurants on the list at citibankdining.com.au?

Also is it possible to double dip and get the bonus 4 Citibank points per $, and the 3 QFF point per $ at places that offer both?

Only condition with the Citibank deal is you have to buy a main course - which I don't see as a particularly restricting condition :p

I am a little skeptical though, that a listed place like Taj Mahal in New Farm, Brisbane will offer a complimentary bottle of wine for a $14 meal, espcially given the troubles that people have had with claiming their QFF points there when paying in the QFF forum.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Have people had much success on the whole with claiming the Complimentary Wine Offer from participating restaurants on the list at citibankdining.com.au?

Also is it possible to double dip and get the bonus 4 Citibank points per $, and the 3 QFF point per $ at places that offer both?

Only condition with the Citibank deal is you have to buy a main course - which I don't see as a particularly restricting condition :p

I am a little skeptical though, that a listed place like Taj Mahal in New Farm, Brisbane will offer a complimentary bottle of wine for a $14 meal, espcially given the troubles that people have had with claiming their QFF points there when paying in the QFF forum.

Seems like a decent deal... take me out for a free dinner and we'll find out! ;)

i went to a place today and only realised this deal upon leaving.

on the card it did say 4 points per $1 spent plus the free bottle of wine

we naturally forgot to order the bottle of wine since we didn't know however, do the points get automatically credited?

I recently went to Golden century in chinatown and got a free bottle of Hahndorf plus 4 points for my spending:p:p:p

Found out about it when a free bottle of Veuve Cliquot turned up at home - sent by Citibank to promote the program. Was actually dining with friends at Golden Palace in the Valley (Brisbane) the next day, and so asked about it. No problems at all - free bottle turned up. Can't recall what it was though, and the offer is no use for me in the long run as neither my wife nor I drink. Still, we might try to negotiate a swap for some juice or soft drink...

Found out about it when a free bottle of Veuve Cliquot turned up at home - sent by Citibank to promote the program. Was actually dining with friends at Golden Palace in the Valley (Brisbane) the next day, and so asked about it. No problems at all - free bottle turned up. Can't recall what it was though, and the offer is no use for me in the long run as neither my wife nor I drink. Still, we might try to negotiate a swap for some juice or soft drink...

what >???? you got a free bottle of Veuve and you werent even aware of it!!!
geez, you guys must be special!! lucky you

what >???? you got a free bottle of Veuve and you werent even aware of it!!!
geez, you guys must be special!! lucky you

;) To be honest, I have no idea whether Veuve is considered a good wine or not. It'll probably sit in the cupboard for the next year...

Not sure which cardholders Citi sent it out to. We have the Select/Visa Signature card with average monthly spend of $10k-$15k, so they've probably covered the cost of it through merchant transaction fees anyhow.

Checking through the booklet for Melbourne CBD dinner tomorrow; selected 2/3 Sunday options.

One no longer open Sundays; the other closed for several months for renovations.

Now on plan B with a raid on Sho at Crown ...

Not sure which cardholders Citi sent it out to. We have the Select/Visa Signature card with average monthly spend of $10k-$15k, so they've probably covered the cost of it through merchant transaction fees anyhow.

Anyone else receive a free bottle?

I spend a lot more than that, but very little spend at restraunts. Or maybe it's geographically targeted...

I went to two restaurants in Sydney over the w/e that were participating.....unfortunately, I didn't know about the wine offer til this thread:(:shock::evil:...so 2 bottlles of wine went begging!!!

I presume you have to pay the bill with you Citibank Visa card??

I recently went to Golden century in chinatown and got a free bottle of Hahndorf plus 4 points for my spending:p:p:p

I wonder if you can double-dip by using the Citibank Dining for your free wine + bonus points and then also use your QF card to earn 3 points $1 ?

That's 7 points per $1 now :)

I wonder if you can double-dip by using the Citibank Dining for your free wine + bonus points and then also use your QF card to earn 3 points $1 ?

Guys last weekend I went to Jordans seafood at Darling Harbour. I told the waitress I was a citibank card holder and she asked me what wine I wanted a choice of 2.

When it was time for the bill I also presented my entertainment card and was able to get the second free meal as well.

So in a snap shot I got 4 bonus points, free bottle of wine and a free meal worth $40.

Very pleased with the outcome.

ted

Last edited:

Just to update my question, yes you can 'double dip' :D

I just returned from a visit to Jordans Seafood at Darling Harbour, Sydney for lunch. Advised I was a Citibank cardholder and enquired about the complimentary wine. The waitstaff had to ask the manager if this promotion was available on a public holiday (today) and she came back with the Ok.

Two wine choices; a shiraz and a sauvignon blanc. I chose the latter which was a Clairault Semillon Sauvignon Blanc 2010 from Margaret River, Western Australia and it had a list price of $54.00.

We spent close to $400.00 so the 4x Citibank points is a benefit, and also I handed my QF card and this was duly swiped which will earn me 3 points per $1.

So the accumulative result is I will get 1600 Citibank points (that will be transferred to KF) + 1200 QF points + complimentary $54 bottle of wine ;) :p

I went to Spanish Terrazas Sydney tonight for dinner and asked for the Citi Credit Card free wine promo and was told they are not doing it!
Very annoyed!

That's a bummer!

They should be removed from the website.

Yesterday I received the 'Insider's Guide' book. Looks pretty good!

I went to Spanish Terrazas Sydney tonight for dinner and asked for the Citi Credit Card free wine promo and was told they are not doing it!
Very annoyed!

That's really rubbish. Perhaps call Citibank and report them. See what happens and if Citibank will compensate you in any way (not that I would hold my breath but at least they might take the restaurant's name off their listing).

Would be great if you update the rest of us here if you decide to follow-up.

Very annoyed!

Did you get up and walk out when they said this?

I signed up for the Citibank Platinum Visa with a direct sweep to Qantas FF, instead of the Citi Rewards. My understanding of the small print is that my card is not elegible for the free wine offer.

Has anyone had success with the wine offer at one of the listed restaurants, using a direct sweep to QFF card? I have not tried to do this by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back