Citibank Bpay

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Flying Fox, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Established Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Adelaide
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hi

As a first-time user of this forum, I just wanted some advice on the Citibank CCs and their Bpay option. I am looking to change from ANZ (standard card) to Citibank Silver due to lower fees and no points caps but I did read somewhere that their Bpay facility doesn't allow future dating of payments.

Can someone pls confirm whether this is correct?

Many thanks :D

2. one9

one9 Active Member

Sep 14, 2005
    BEWARE OF CITIBANK
    Their credit cards DO have points cap limits. Whilst I can't remember the limits, the limits are low - lower than CBA.
    I find it very misleading that Citibank don't list that their cards have points capping anywhere in promotional/advertising material such as their website. all the other banks i have seen that have points capping make it clear in a disclaimer or something at the bottom of the page.

Someone made a complaint on this forum some time ago saying that the BPAY couldn't be future dated. I am not sure if this is still the case or if they have made an improvement.

3. drron

drron Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2002
    Sunshine Coast
    It is true that citibank do have point limits on their cards but not always policed.I have gone over the limit and kept the extra points but i would not count on it.
    I can not future date payments on my citibank CC.

4. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Citibank word it in such a way that they reserve the right to impose certain limits on the cards. Silver, gold and platinum each have their own limits

5. ksthommo

ksthommo Active Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Cairns
    Your right, no future dating of Bpay payments is available with Citibank

6. one9

one9 Active Member

Sep 14, 2005
    You have been mislead too. I am not sure about how they word it, but they do have limits. If you call them up, they can tell you the limits for each of the silver, gold and platinum over the phone. i think silver was something like 30,000, and platinum 120,000.

I have heard that they do not always enforce these caps, but I think this is more likely due to their crap computer software. If I was a big spender and I had a Citibank card, I would be prepared and ready to leave each month.

7. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Here is the wording. The wording might not be what I said, but I believe the meaning is.

8. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Established Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Adelaide
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hi all

Many thanks for all your replies. Answers all my questions perfectly.

I think that I will apply anyway as I normally use Amex first and Visa is only a backup card.

Thanks again.