Citi Select - Great...but uhhh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be dumb but what was in it? Was it just your replacement CC?

and what is the AU Call Centre Number :)

Sorry to be dumb but what was in it? Was it just your replacement CC?

Yeah sorry, I have a citi platinum now and it's not up for renewal until May.

I called the number on the back of the card (different to the plat number) and it went straight to an Australian who answered 'hello citi select'. Wonder if anyone can use this number? ;)

Sorry to burst your bubble but I have the Citi Select too and I have called the number 3 times for a one out of 3 connection to the Australian call centre. I asked and was told that the system simply directs to either Phillipines or Australia based on traffic but I'm hoping the "system" chooses to direct Citi Select calls to Aus as often as possible.

I suspect that Australian call centre has about 2 people in it!! Just cycnical.

As for the new phone number - no way I'm disseminating that - that Cost me $700 and I'm not doing anything to reduce my odds of actually getting to speak to an Aussie:mrgreen:

By the way I have had same issue as others with the glue on the back of the card not coming off and leaving a horrible sitcky residue all over it - had to get the orange oil spray (de-solv it) on to it to finally get it off. You'd seriously think they'd check something that simple??

Think of the Citi call centre like its an Ultimate Test where if you pass you can then think of yourself as being a degree holder from the Citi University of tenacity.
It was worth the struggle to get the point a dollar on Visa for big numbers of QF points.

Think of the Citi call centre like its an Ultimate Test where if you pass you can then think of yourself as being a degree holder from the Citi University of tenacity.
It was worth the struggle to get the point a dollar on Visa for big numbers of QF points.

I think i'll save myself the struggle and apply for the everyday rewards card, which should do the same job for $89 + 16,000 QFF bonus on 1st spend!

I think i'll save myself the struggle and apply for the everyday rewards card, which should do the same job for $89 + 16,000 QFF bonus on 1st spend!

I heard they weren't issuing decent credit limits, to stop the high-throughput business spend...

32K here, but they're being difficult in giving me another rise until next year.

Even though its a new card, they're going off the same (1 limit increase per 6 months) rule I was on when it was the plat card.

Pretty lousy limits from Citi, considering Amex offers me 85k and 35k on my platinum charge and credit cards respectively.
I'm reading the Citi thread to look for alternatives to my WBC/SQ co-branded cards for 2011, post-Mar.

Keep in mind when looking for cards, post 2011 - the responsible lending provisions of the National Credit Act take effect (from Jan 1). Getting largish credit limits may tale more paperwork.

Mrscove has 30k with Citi Select and I have noted that 6 month rule that seems to apply.
I made the mistake a while ago on Amex to do an on line limit increase. All they do is go up 25% if the answer is Yes.
The troubling thing for my partner is how come her limits are often 40% of mine when our incomes and assets are pretty much the same?
Trying to put about $300k into Citi thru Australia Post took more than one week to reach the credit card.
I plan to airbag the cheque next time as NAB would not put the funds into a Citi credit card.

I have a Citibank transaction account with them so depositing large amounts of money isn't really a problem.

The dreaded nightmare occured today when I decided to phone Citi to find out how Citi Select points are earned and used. As I don't trust the answers , I ask if any Select card holders can confirm my understanding of Citi rewards program.
I have decided not to opt to Qantas.
Earn 2 Citi Reward points per dollar spend.
When points need to be transfered to Emirates, Singapore or Virgin , simply contact Citi rewards and make the request.
Conversion to Singapore and Virgin is 1.5 Citi Reward points for 1 flyer point. So $1500 spen yields 3000 Citi Reward points which becomes 2000 Singapore or Virgin points - in effect 1.33 points per $1 spend.
In the case of Emirates, conversion is 1 Citi Reward point to 1 Emirates point - in effect 2points per $1 spend.

I have searchd their web site and miss this information.

Yes it is 2 points of Citi to make 1 QF Point.
Sorry I don't know the Kris,Virgin or Emirates deal and probably the call centre doesn't know either.
I would suggest you don't try loading up big time in first 2 months while you figure how it really works.
We trashed the first 45,000 Citi points into $225 because the QF enrollment did not happen from day one.
Please keep reporting your progress as I need to get a card for myself but I feel tired just thinking about the struggle that it involves.
My wife has a First Class LAX QF ticket to show for it so it is worth the struggle.
360,000 points PER- LAX return works well!

To update my original post...

I told citi how it went down, but would only if the select if it was fee-free ($749 waived). So it's 2 weeks later and still not resolved. They offered $500 credit and 5,000 QF points - to which I declined and suggested I'd think about it for $500 credit and 30,000 QF points.

They made it clear the select fee wasn't being 100% waived for anyone.

It's a cough now, because I didn't ask for the card (and certainly didn't ask for the yearly fee) but it seems to have been forced on me. Surely that's not legal?

My platinum card still works, but can't use internet banking as I've not activated the 'new' card.

Earn 2 Citi Reward points per dollar spend.
- Correct

When points need to be transfered to Emirates, Singapore or Virgin , simply contact Citi rewards and make the request.
- You cannot transfer to Emirates with the Select Card. You can transfer to SQ/Virgin online (don't have to call)

Conversion to Singapore and Virgin is 1.5 Citi Reward points for 1 flyer point. So $1500 spen yields 3000 Citi Reward points which becomes 2000 Singapore or Virgin points - in effect 1.33 points per $1 spend.
- The ratio is 2 Citi Rewards for 1 flyer point. so 4000 CR for 2000 SQ or Virgin points.

In the case of Emirates, conversion is 1 Citi Reward point to 1 Emirates point - in effect 2points per $1 spend.
- See previous response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back