Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
From 8 September 2023, the earn rate on the Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard will reduce from 0.75 to 0.6 Qantas points per $1 spent up to the first $2,500/month. The earn rate beyond this spend amount remains 0.3 Qantas points/$1.

There are also various changes to fees & interest rates, and Bankwest is removing annual bonus points on its credit cards from the end of this year.

Noticed this on the website the other day. The QF World MC seems largely unaffected.

Consistent with musings on other threads that perhaps QF are charging more for points.

I have the Platinum card - might see if I can upgrade to the World.
It is only a matter of time for the World earn rate to be enhanced as well..
Hope not though as I have the World card...

It is only a matter of time for the World earn rate to be enhanced as well..
Hope not though as I have the World card...
I hope not too, I would have thought it would happen along with the rest of them if a change was imminent.

I have the World card and I see they have dropped the bonus points completely from 1-Jan-2024. I looked into other cards but couldn't find anything close to the 10 included lounge passes which I use completely (so $600 or $700 value there?) as well as travel insurance etc....so sticking with it for now.

I can't be bothered with frquent flyer points and then trying to somehow use them on the flights I particularly want so much prefer the cashback option.

You have to wonder how Bankwest's costs are increasing, as they have hiked home loan rates, and shut most branches in Australia...

The combination of no Forex fees + points earn on the platinum and world is still somewhat rare.
And the travel insurance included with the card is effective even if you don't use the card, unlike most travel insurance included with credit cards where you need to use the card on something in order to activate travel insurance. This alone is worth it.

Sorry to piggyback off this Bankwest discussion but does anyone know how long Bankwest is taking to process Bonus Qantas points at the moment?

The T&Cs say that they wait until an account is open 60 days to pay out regular points and up to 5 months to release bonus points.

I've churned through a Qantas Platinum card for the 40k bonus points and I'm keen to close it but have to wait for the bonus points.

Sorry to piggyback off this Bankwest discussion but does anyone know how long Bankwest is taking to process Bonus Qantas points at the moment?

The T&Cs say that they wait until an account is open 60 days to pay out regular points and up to 5 months to release bonus points.

I've churned through a Qantas Platinum card for the 40k bonus points and I'm keen to close it but have to wait for the bonus points.
I don't have an update to share at this stage but would be great to post here when you do see the points: Recent Timeframes on CC Sign Up Bonus Points

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back