Can u upgrade a sector on a LONE4 to business by PAYING?

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by kooky, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. kooky

kooky Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Need to get some status credits quick hence question if I could pay the difference to upgrade one of my LONE4 sectors to business one way .. never hurts to ask the experts!

Otherwise .. anyone got a cheap way to rack up 120 SCs flying return out of Gothenburg? Finnair seems ludicrously expensive for business class, BA seems a lot cheaper but only fly to Copenhagen I believe.

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #2 serfty, Jul 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
    No, you can't upgrade by sector: (oneworld Explorer Rules)

3. Platy

Platy Guest

One option is to book a side trip (eg London to Cyprus or Helsinki) using the British Airways web site and look for a discount business fare, which attract full business level status credits as a QF FF at a reasonable rate of earning.

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    How long have to to earn these SC's?

If by the end of July, there's really no 'cheap' way to do it.

5. wandering_fred

wandering_fred Established Member

Jun 12, 2006
    country WA
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Actually there is a way to pick up a few extra SCs on a LONEx. BA long haul flights can be upgraded to World Traveler Plus. However I expect that a ticket reissue fee will be charged in addition to the upgrade fee. And of course you need to being flying a reasonably long hual sector to make it worthwhile.

You would get full economy SCs instead of discount economy. Actually would work much better with AA when using the kangaroo route as T class (what WT+ on a LONEx books into) gives 1.5 Qpoints per mile....

Happy wandering

Fred