Bye Bye BP ... | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Bye Bye BP ...

williamsf1

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Velocity and BP will finally settle the divorce ..... BP off to QFF ...

It has not been a happy relationship

hydrabyss

Flights
My Map
Just when I convinced myself Ultimate 98 made a difference. Luckily there is a few coles with decent prices around just not within 100kms of home.

Denali

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Im sad because our BP is only a couple of hundred meters away so I guess we will earn QF points or find a Shell for Flybuys.

No big deal for me, I do less than 5K per year.

Saab34

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I wonder if they will now partner with Coles/Shell considering the somewhat Coles relationship they have.

Rubix

Just when I convinced myself Ultimate 98 made a difference. Luckily there is a few coles with decent prices around just not within 100kms of home.
Me too! I am sure my car runs better on BP 98 RON than Shell V-Power.

ozfflyer

Puma seems to be the cheapest in SE Qld at least. Generally about 10 cents below the rest + get 4 cents off for being racq member & can use Amex for Qantas points or Diners for Virgin pts & no card surcharges.

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
It won't affect me much - BP in may area are generally 4¢ to 6¢ per lite more expensive than my nearest option.

I did buy a single Litre on two occasions late last year due to a velocity promotion.

More here: BP switches to Qantas loyalty scheme in blow to Virgin
I live in Point Cook and around my area BP is relatively cheap compared to Coles Express / Caltex. I used to rely heavily on BP for Velocity points but it's sad one more partner is switching loyalties to QFF. Velocity guys need to step up.

Bagpuss

Velocity need a new fuel partner quick smart.
As in the existing Coles/Flybuys relationship? Which was the start of the BP relationship going South. When BP was going to dump Velocity years back part of the defense was that Velocity had already breached the agreement by partnering with Flybuys.

If Wesfarmers take up the Affinity stake and/or more of Velocity (which as been rumoured for years), they would have ended the BP relationship anyway.

ojm

Intern
Again least now I won’t feel bad for filling up at Woolworths Petrol all the time with the bonus offers at BP. BPs are in poor locations for me, and usually seem more expensive.

Stealthflyer

BP is the expensive option in my area so I rarely use it even though the points were nice. In fact it’s cheaper to go to the independent servo down the road where they pump the petrol for you!

NoName

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Puma seems to be the cheapest in SE Qld at least. Generally about 10 cents below the rest + get 4 cents off for being racq member & can use Amex for Qantas points or Diners for Virgin pts & no card surcharges.

Where in SEQ? Which stations? I have never seen Puma this much cheaper than anything in the near vicinity.

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I wonder if they will now partner with Coles/Shell considering the somewhat Coles relationship they have.
They might go with the few Mobil's own outlets.
I think a long while back, we used to have a lot of Mobil outlets here in Au, then they decided to step out of direct retailing of fuel, but seems to have put their toes back into the retail selling of fuel side of things.

Oxy

Flights
My Map
Need flybuys to lift their game. Aside from the high price of the fuel, I keep getting bonus points offers which are great, until the fine print says not applicable to diesel. 😡

Buzzard

AFF Supporter
When I fill up it's usually about 150L so I don't go to the On The Run (BP) minutes from home. When I can save 10c or more per litre elsewhere it's where I head. For the weekend newspapers, +1's car or mower fuel it was a good way to keep Velocity points rolling in.

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JocJo