Business upgrades - How do you get one | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Business upgrades - How do you get one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruitbat

Hi all,

I am very new to this site and apologise if I am asking a silly question.

I have just started a new job and fly on average 2 to 3 times per month. My tickets are always full economy price and I am a silver QC member.

My question is, how do you get an upgrade to Business Class. Does Qantas just automatically upgrade you or do you need to be extremely nice at check in and ask for an upgrade.

I flew Dar to Ade this morning on QF082 (A330) and business class was only 50% full.

Cheers
Jason

Dave Noble

You really need to pay for business class, use FF miles or be v lucky on an oversold flight

You are unlikely to get much in the way of upgrades otherwise

Dave

cpl

Intern
Fruitbat said:
My tickets are always full economy price
sure? then you might consider paying the difference to business every now and then, resulting in far more points and status credits and leading to more upgrade opportunities

aus_flyer

Established Member
Qantas only give "free" upgrades if economy is oversold and they need to make space, or in other very limited circumstances.

Priority is given in order of status:
Chairmans Lounge :arrow: Platinum :arrow: Gold :arrow: Silver et al

To really give yourself a chance, you need to be Platinum with an expensive economy ticket.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Be very very lucky.

On many occassions economy cabin almost full but business class cabin empty. You don't get something for nothing!

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Flying at what will be a busy time in the economy section can help. During school holidays, before a long weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maurie keenan