Business Traveller magazine: September 2006 stories

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by QF WP, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:

BA delays controversial baggage checking policy
    Some good news today. British Airways has announced it will delay its controversial baggage checking policy which was due to start on October 11
    Full story...

Long-haul travel goes low-cost
    Oasis Hong Kong Airlines officially launched its low-cost long-haul offering this week, with a headline-grabbing fare of £75 (plus £68 taxes and charges) one-way from London to Hong Kong
    Full story...

London Grosvenor House refurbishment delayed
    Refurbishment of London's Grosvenor House Hotel is running well behind schedule
    Full story...

CSA to review future of Edinburgh-Prague route
    Scotland might lose a key international service early next year. Czech airline CSA says it is reviewing the future of its daily link between Edinburgh and Prague
    Full story...

Emirates and SAS increase flights to Beijing
    Fast-growing Gulf airline Emirates launched a daily flight between Dubai and Beijing on September 1
    Full story...

Maxjet to serve Las Vegas from Stansted
    All business-class airline Maxjet will start flying twice weekly between Stansted and Las Vegas on November 2
    Full story...

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    BA would have been silly to not delay the new baggage rules, while the current restrictions on carry on remain in place. Speaking of which, I hope there will be some relaxation soon.

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I am hoping likewise. Currently debating whether to route through LHR for possible F upgrade and extra EQP, or to go direct to FRA for the convenience of avoiding LHR and being able to take my usual wheelie briefcase (its 47cm x 35cm x 22cm so does not fit into the BAA limit of 45x35x16).

4. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    When are you flying?

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hoping it will be mid October. But not sure if the project funding will happen yet.

6. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    14 September 2006 stories

Business Traveller Awards 2006
    The 2006 Business Traveller awards were revealed this week at a star-studded ceremony at the London Hilton Park Lane
    Full story...

Eurostar unveils Ebbsfleet "park and ride" station
    Eurostar passengers living within a wide area of London and the Home Counties will have easier access to high-speed rail services from autumn of next year
    Full story...

Bmi abandons Southampton-Amsterdam plans
    Bmi has quietly dropped plans to launch flights from Southampton later this year
    Full story...

GNER and Virgin announce online initiatives
    Two of Britain's main train companies, GNER and Virgin Trains, have new initiatives for passengers who buy their tickets online
    Full story...

Qatar to unveil luxury Airbus
    Fast-growing Qatar Airways has just taken delivery of the first of a fleet of Airbus A340-600s
    Full story...

Easyjet to expand at Madrid
    Budget airline Easyjet says it will launch six routes from its new base at Madrid early next year
    Full story...

7. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    22 September 2006 stories

Breaking news: Hand luggage restrictions to be eased
    The rumours are true: the restrictions on hand luggage from UK airports are to be eased from tomorrow (Friday September 22)
    Full story...

Bmi to introduce lie-flat seats
    Bmi is joining the lie-flat club. The carrier will upgrade its long-haul business class by next summer with new generation seating
    Full story...

Silverjet's £799 New York offer
    All-business class airline Silverjet is hopeful it will be able to launch a daily Luton to New York Newark service on December 16
    Full story...

United's Economy Plus - restricted access
    United has become fussy about which passengers can occupy its Economy Plus cabin
    Full story...

Airlines ban faulty laptop batteries
    Business travellers should be aware they may not be able to use their laptops on Virgin, Qantas and Korean flights
    Full story...

Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Awards 2006
    Hot on the heels of the 2006 UK Business Traveller Awards, the annual results have now been announced for Business Traveller Asia-Pacific
    Full story...

The May Fair completes £75m overhaul
    The May Fair Hotel finishes its extensive overhaul this month, after two years and a £75m refurbishment programme
    Full story...

8. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    28 September 2006 stories

New Virgin premium economy seat
    Virgin Atlantic this week unveiled details of its new premium economy seat
    Full story...

Cathay Pacific to introduce fully flat beds in business class
    Cathay Pacific promises state-of-the-art seating from next year
    Full story...

Jet Airways' transatlantic ambitions
    India's privately-owned Jet Airways plans to launch two transatlantic services next year
    Full story...

Temporary BA/Qantas lounge at new Bangkok airport
    British Airways and Qantas have now transferred their flight operations to Bangkok's new Suvarnabhumi airport located 30 miles east of the city centre.
    Full story...

More Italian routes for London City
    London's City airport (LCY) is poised to see a big boost in services to Italy
    Full story...

Refurbishment for Amsterdam Marriott
    Amsterdam's Marriott is about to undergo extensive refurbishment in a bid to regain its five-star status
    Full story...

BA flights for fewer miles
    Award mileage reductions by the Air Miles loyalty scheme have prompted British Airways to do likewise with its BA Miles scheme
    Full story...