Best RTW fare for route via NYC

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Johan, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Johan

Johan Intern

Feb 21, 2006
    I plan to fly SYD - BKK/SIN/HKG/Tokyo Narita/Beijing/Shanghai - LHR/CDG - JFK/EWR - LAX/SFO - SYD.

Does anyone know the best Round The World fare for that? I really just need to go to New York, but most of the cheaper fare fly to LAX, and then to Europe from there. I'm fairly flexible with the Asian stop. I am both an AA and UA frequent flyer member.

Thanks,
    Johan

2. SQ fly SIN-JFK via FRA so if you needed European connections you could always do something like SYD-SIN-FRA-LHR-FRA etc and then FRA-JFK. Then across to LAX-SFO and back to Sydney.

Cheers

3. Tiki

Tiki Member

Jul 21, 2004
    BNE
    You could probably squeeze that into a 26K Global Explorer or an easy 4 Continents RTW on the One World group. If you're going in economy, use AA and AY as much as possible for maximum miles & points. AY code shares can get you Europe-HEL-BKK-SIN-Australia, not sure about HKG.

4. Johan

Johan Intern

Feb 21, 2006
    Oops... my bad. I think my msg wasn't very clear. I meant only 1 stop in Asia and 1 in Europe. LHR/CDG is London or Paris.

I am happy to just go SYD - BKK or HKG or Tokyo Narita - LHR or CDG - JFK or EWR - LAX or SFO - SYD.

So, only 4 stops:
    BKK or HKG
    LHR or CDG
    any NYC airport
    LAX or SFO

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It really depends on your interpretation of "best". Here are some to consider:

$3,199+++ using BA WT+ and QF. Route SYD-SIN/BKK-LHR-JFK on BA WT+, then using QF for JFK-LAX-SYD in Y (booked in H calss I think)

$1,969+++ using QF to Asia, either QF or AY to Europe, AY to JFK, QF to LAX and back to SYD.

$1,499+++ with LH and * Alliance.

$1,899+++ using Air Canada, Swiss, Qantas, Singapore, United & Cathay Mini Round World Fare.

If you didn't need to include New York, or have some way of using points/miles or purchase a separate ticket LAX-New York, you could use the very cheap NZ $1,399+++ fare.