best business class prices?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ozziemuzza, Oct 5, 2005.

1. ozziemuzza

ozziemuzza Intern

Aug 27, 2005
    do you know who has the very best prices for business class travel domestically with australia?

thank you
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

best regards
    murray

2. infoworks

infoworks Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sydney
    Unless an agent or consolidator is willing to take a hit, or they have a special purchasing agreement with Qantas, it is unlikely there will be anything better than what's posted. As I understand it there is no commission now on QF dom flights.

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
  4. ozziemuzza

ozziemuzza Intern

Aug 27, 2005
    thnks for the information but i mean discount rates on qantas domestically i dont need a lear jet at this stage in my career

thank you

best regards
    murray

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The only way I k now to get Qantas domestic business class rates less than those available from www.qantas.com.au is to negotiate a corporate discount directly with Qantas. That usually requires a commitment for a significant annual spend and it help if you are also willing to commit to exclusivity.

With enough committed volume, I expect you can negotiate something in the order of 15-20% discount off the published fares.

6. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    What about very little volume!!!!!!!!!

Can we still negotiate a discount of 15-20%? That would really be exciting!!! :lol:

7. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Good luck with the negotiations!

I expect that in many cases the discount is not up-front off the purchase price, but paid as a rebate at the end of a review period based on the volumes achieved. Hit the target and get the cheque in the mail, miss the target and its thanks for the business.

Qantas used to have a specific service for small businesses. You needed an ABN to register and got some discounts off list prices. I have no experience with this as I don't have my own ABN, but I think others may be able to discuss it (calling thadocta and Lindsay Wilson).

Also note this service offered by Qantas:

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/businessTraveller/qantasTravelSpendReports

8. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Then you want to talk to QF Res or your TA about the discounted D class. You'll have to be careful about using consolidators in case it's booked in a non-mileage earning class.

9. BlacKnox

BlacKnox Active Member

Jan 29, 2005
    For more information about New QF "D-class" business fares, go to this thread:
    http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/discus/viewtopic.php?t=1183&highlight=