Bankwest Zero Platinum MasterCard FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANT

Established Member
Hi all,

Looking at this as an option for free travel insurance!
Has anyone applied/got one?
Any catch?
I have the Zero lite (as free)
Extra Bling in wallet.

Regards

Edit: Well I rang em and they said over $8000 on existing card and can upgrade to PLAT after filling in form whoooo!

Last edited:
It looked good until I realised there was no reward program. Not worth the effort unless you had no other card that gave free annual travel insurance (and you did not have an annual policy).

Hi all,

Looking at this as an option for free travel insurance!
Has anyone applied/got one?
Any catch?
I have the Zero lite (as free)
Extra Bling in wallet.

Regards

Edit: Well I rang em and they said over $8000 on existing card and can upgrade to PLAT after filling in form whoooo!

Hi Plant,

That sounds interesting. I have the Zero lite card too. Surely the yearly fee would be higher though?

Also I don't understand what you're saying about the '$8000 on existing card'. Do you mean you need an $8000 balance? $8000 credit limit?

Let us know how you go!

Yep as long as you have Higher than $8000 credit limit and they said there is no annual fee. Currently no rewards program but hey you get the other Plat benefits!

bankwest.com.au said:
Built-in airline travel and accident insurance protection wherever you are in the world#
The travel insurance requires 75% of the cost of the airfare to be charged to the card. If it was like ANZ Gold (which only requires $250 to be charged to the card) then I would get one. The 75% rule is too ambiguous when it comes to reward flights.

the travel insurance requires 75% of the cost of the airfare to be charged to the card. If it was like anz gold (which only requires $250 to be charged to the card) then i would get one. The 75% rule is too ambiguous when it comes to reward flights.

that's a fair call

The travel insurance requires 75% of the cost of the airfare to be charged to the card. If it was like ANZ Gold (which only requires $250 to be charged to the card) then I would get one. The 75% rule is too ambiguous when it comes to reward flights.

Wow - I just checked the terms and conditions and the 75% rule is amazingly vague and ambiguous... excerpt here:

"use of the cardholder's eligible credit card account"
means that at least 75% of the total value (i.e. including but not limited to money and/or reward type points and/or staff discounts) of the return overseas travel ticket (but not taxes or airport or travel agent charges) was
paid for by being charged to a
cardholder's eligible credit card account

What on earth does that mean? (sorry about the formatting by the way - can't see too fix it...)​

Are you covered if you get your whole ticket using points and the only money you have to pay is fuel fines... (there is no mention in the policy wording about fuel surcharges as opposed to 'taxes' (which would be government), airport charges and travel agent charges...so it seems like 75% could come from fuel fines??)​

At least with ANZ I bought my parents tickets using my point but the fees and charges came to more than $250 each and they wwere covered (confiremd by calling ANZ).​

Link to the full pdf here see page 12 of 44 for the definition above​

Last edited:
What on earth does that mean? (sorry about the formatting by the way - can't see too fix it...) ...
Reformatted for viewing:

"use of the cardholder's eligible credit card account"

means that at least 75% of the total value (i.e. including but not limited to money and/or reward type points and/or staff discounts) of the return overseas travel ticket (but not taxes or airport or travel agent charges) was paid for by being charged to a cardholder's eligible credit card account​
As to what it means?

Since I am not sure, I'll stick to my annual Columbus policy thank you ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back