Credit Card Offers Bankwest Qantas World: 100,000 bonus Qantas Points (min. spend $35K)

7.5 k spend is going to be a challenge given that the bonus points do not credit for 60days after the 7.5k is met.
Points post two months after min spend period has ended. Min spend period is 90 days……. I.e points should post 5 months after you join (if you meet spend)……. I can confirm my experience aligns with the wording. (I did min spend in first week of getting card - took 5 months and 2 weeks to post)
 
Points post two months after min spend period has ended. Min spend period is 90 days……. I.e points should post 5 months after you join (if you meet spend)……. I can confirm my experience aligns with the wording. (I did min spend in first week of getting card - took 5 months and 2 weeks to post)
Oh. I see...

I read it as 60 days after meeting spend. So, confirming your and Diamond hands experience, even if I meet the spend in the first week there is close to zero chance of receiving the bonus points by DEC?

That ruins my brief moment of optimism around this card. I may as well just plug along with the supermarket etc for "everyday spend"
 
Oh. I see...

I read it as 60 days after meeting spend. So, confirming your and Diamond hands experience, even if I meet the spend in the first week there is close to zero chance of receiving the bonus points by DEC?

That ruins my brief moment of optimism around this card. I may as well just plug along with the supermarket etc for "everyday spend"
Yeah I wanted mine to hit points club plus so had to find a contingency. This was over a year ago but I doubt they're processing any faster given the terms haven't changed.
 
EDIT: I got this wrong, as cleared up by @Pete98765432 below.

A heads-up that Bankwest failed to provide the PDS for the new "complimentary" travel insurance before 1 Oct (change from Covermore to XCover), and thereby seems to have obscured two things:
  1. if you had a qualifying trip that takes place from/after 1 October, it is not covered anymore (because the basic level did not require any registration steps) as far as all the public information would indicate (through omission). (Remember that this card covered any travel automatically at a basic level; no purchase requirement.)
  2. The new policy requires the "trip" to have been paid on the Bankwest card: "when you book your trip on your Eligible Bankwest credit card". I cannot find any definition of "book your trip" in the new PDS.
This is a pretty significant unadvertised change (unless I've overlooked something).
 
Last edited:
A heads-up that Bankwest failed to provide the PDS for the new "complimentary" travel insurance before 1 Oct (change from Covermore to XCover), and thereby seems to have obscured two things:
  1. if you had a qualifying trip that takes place from/after 1 October, it is not covered anymore (because the basic level did not require any registration steps) as far as all the public information would indicate (through omission). (Remember that this card covered any travel automatically at a basic level; no purchase requirement.)
  2. The new policy requires the "trip" to have been paid on the Bankwest card: "when you book your trip on your Eligible Bankwest credit card". I cannot find any definition of "book your trip" in the new PDS.
This is a pretty significant unadvertised change (unless I've overlooked something).
My reading of it is that only the trip cancellation protection requires you to have booked the trip on an eligible card. Nowhere else in the PDS does it mention using the card to book the trip. I will need to clarify this with them as I have a trip starting next week.
 
My reading of it is that only the trip cancellation protection requires you to have booked the trip on an eligible card. Nowhere else in the PDS does it mention using the card to book the trip. I will need to clarify this with them as I have a trip starting next week.
Hmmm, that's a very good point, thank you. The changes in terminology and clumsy formatting apparently confused me. So it seems the structure is now:

  • Booked "trip" on card: pre-departure trip cancellation cover applies
  • Holder of card but payment of "trip" not required: included "Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance"= Overseas Emergency Medical Assistance, Medical/Hospital Expenses, Personal Liability, Baggage & Personal Goods, and Baggage Delay Expenses

So my revised rant is now restricted to: removing trip cancellation cover from the default is pretty sneaky, given that it is a significant element of sensible travel insurance acquisition.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top