BA Arrivals Lounge Terminal 4

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by jwak, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. jwak

jwak Intern

Oct 15, 2005
    Hong Kong, Hong Kong
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hi Guys,

I am upgrading my sister & her family on QF 29 from HKG-LHR to J class. After landing at 13.20, they are on the BA to BCN @ 18.15 from Terminal 1. My question is this. As they have a 4 hour wait can they go to the arrivals lounge at Terminal 4 and shower and wait before transfering to terminal 1? They cannot use the terminal 1 lounge as they are Bronze FF.

Thanks

JWAK

2. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

Officially, yes, they can use the arrivals lounge at T4, since they are arriving on paid J tickets (by paid, I mean that the upgrade has cost *something*, whether it be points, UC's or $$$$, rather than an operational upgrade).

In practice though, the BA lounge dragons will try and say that access is not available on an upgrade. I had to dig my heels in and fight the issue a couple of months ago, and they caved in since I knew the rule. So be prepared for a fight.

Only thing is though, is the arrivals lounge open at that time?

I seem to recall it was open at rather weird hours, and closed very early (well, times were appropriate for the REALLY long hauls).

Dave

3. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    The Arrivals lounge closes, iirc, at 14:00

Dave

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It certainly does, I was there at that time in March after a very delayed QF29 (Ex SYD).

5. bigdog

bigdog Newbie

Sep 4, 2006
    The other issue you have is that the arrivals lounge is outside customs, so you will need to clear london security again to get on your other flight.

I agree with the dragon comments. The worst BA dragon guards that arrivals lounge at T4.