Award flights - AA / US Airways Amalgamation - cabin classes question

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by vetrade, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. vetrade

vetrade Established Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #1 vetrade, May 26, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
    AA's flights to Canada & the Caribbean have Y & J cabins in contrast to most of their domestic services which have Y & F (some doms have 3 classes). QF books OW J pax into J on routes such as DFW - YYC but I notice that US Airways has Y & F (no J cabin) for its PHX - YYC service.

So does anyone know whether the AA takeover of US has / will affect which cabin QF will book OW J awards pax into on US flights? My searches (through QF) for J awards suggest that, although AA now controls US, you will only be booked into Y on US flights, suggesting that the only way to get J seats to YYC is to fly via DFW.

Can anyone confirm this or otherwise? Thanks

Edit: Can anyone shed some light on why a MileSAAver J search on AA would show "Booking Code: O Cabin: First" for US Airways flights - I thought "O" was one of the codes for discount economy? Am I missing something obvious?

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    QFF business class awards will book into Y cabin on flights with no business class cabin. But AAdvantage business class awards would book into the F cabin.

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    On US Air domestic flights, O is the buck for first class cabin awards. Not all airlines use the same codes for the same cabin/conditions.