One quiet period was supposed to be Jan 2022quiet periods
Equipment such as ventilators were stockpiles in vast quantities.the last two years should have been addressed to fixing that
However the one area they were unable to fix was nursing. Nursing is highly dependant on new graduates and migrant workers coming through. Those who leave the profession don’t come back.
But much could have been done to make the existing nursing pool more resilient :
1) pandemic uplift in pay
2) support for nurses who have families
3) non public transport to/from home
4) accomodation closer to hospitals
5) ensure nurses work only in one facility by guaranteeing their hours.
6) employing muscle - lots more orderlies, more cleaners