Australian Reports of the Virus Spread

jakeseven7

Solutions
So Dan has said there will be some restrictions well into 2022. I’d imagine most other states do likewise. NSW seems the only state so far that will relax things for unvaccinated

Well they have to or what, shut down the Byron region 😂

nutwood

Established Member
New Premier and new open up rules all within a week - the NSW boys club at the big end of town remains strong.
I'd suggest it's a bit of a gamble but one that's likely to pay off in spades.
Coming into summer. Vaccinations happening. There's every chance NSW will make the other States look silly and if it goes pear shaped, well, he's still in his honeymoon period.

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Coming into summer. Vaccinations happening. There's every chance NSW will make the other States look silly and if it goes pear shaped, well, he's still in his honeymoon period.
I think Dan was more talking about QR code’s staying and restrictions on unvaccinated staying.
I don’t have a problem with unvaccinated being discriminated against, no way should they be allowed into sporting events and the like

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
I've been in Hobart CBD all day now and frankly can't believe the level of mask compliance on this, the first day. Since 9 am ( now 5 pm), I think just one person I've seen not wearing when they should - this in shops, on street etc.

What a nice obedient lot we are 😎.

drron

Veteran Member
Solutions
it is now 8 days since NSW opened up.No surge in cases so far.In fact have fallen by 45% - 496 to 273.

nutwood

Established Member
I've been in Hobart CBD all day now and frankly can't believe the level of mask compliance on this, the first day. Since 9 am ( now 5 pm), I think just one person I've seen not wearing when they should - this in shops, on street etc.

From my observations elsewhere, the novelty wears off and compliance starts to slip. For me, this is a really good reason why authorities should be very wary about excessive precautions. It's just like crying wolf, one day when there really is a serious outbreak, no-one will care.

Quickstatus

Enthusiast
8 days since NSW opened up.No surge
So the “Let it Rip” surge that was predicted is not happening🤣

Again, perhaps most consistent thing in this pandemic is the inaccuracy of the modelling.

And the media bias pushing only the doomsday narrative

And the politicisation of pandemic

And censoring of speech and opinions that does not conform to the mainstream - especially Ivermectin and others

Last edited:

jb747

Enthusiast
From my observations elsewhere, the novelty wears off and compliance starts to slip. For me, this is a really good reason why authorities should be very wary about excessive precautions. It's just like crying wolf, one day when there really is a serious outbreak, no-one will care.
Which is, I think, exactly what has happened to Dan. To many lockdowns, for far too long, and compliance crashes. So, when you need it, it’s a tool that‘s been used up.

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold

Not a fan of the current Tas Government, but credit to Premier Gutwein who stated succinctly last Monday morning that, "You can't go too early with Delta, you can only go too late"...I feel this broadly resonated with Southern Tasmanians and it has influenced the mask wearing compliance.

I was also pleased to hear that Health Tasmania committed to expand the scope and frequency of waste water testing for Covid-19 around southern Tasmania as a result of this case.

nutwood

Established Member
Not a fan of the current Tas Government, but credit to Premier Gutwein who stated succinctly last Monday morning that, "You can't go too early with Delta, you can only go too late"...I feel this broadly resonated with Southern Tasmanians and it has influenced the mask wearing compliance.

I was also pleased to hear that Health Tasmania committed to expand the scope and frequency of waste water testing for Covid-19 around southern Tasmania as a result of this case.
Sounds good but it's really the mantra of zero risk. Bit like total war, it's easy when you focus on a single outcome and ignore the costs.
At this stage, a good leader would be managing risk. If we're planning to open up to NSW and Victoria, zero risk is pointless. Minimal risk would be more sensible and if low level community transmission occurs, gently manage it.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..