Australian AMEX webpage problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick93

Established Member
Hi there,

I logged on to the Australian webpage this morning, (and again this afternoon), and found the "balance transfer" link was sending me over to the US webpage.

I rang AMEX 1800 number (Qantas Ultimate card), and they logged onto their system, and stated "no problem here".

I was a bit concerned, so I changed my password ASAP.

AMEX can't tell where the links actually take their customers!

The system wanted me to log on again. Actually, I was just going round in circles, and never getting to the balance transfer page!

Anybody had this problem previously?

regards,

I have had issues with ending up on the US site when it has lost track of me being signed in for some reason.

I just tested the Balance Transfer link and it looked fine to me.

Still out on my end....

After logging on, you go to balance transfer, then the page with the girl on the beach comes up. Below that picture, is words to the effect, transfer a balance at 9.99% CLICK HERE.

When you click onto that link, it takes to the US webpage, and you simply go round in circles from there. You never actually get to transfer your balance, because it doesn't get past that point.

regards,

Link is definately broken. Amex are using links to development servers, not the production servers hence why you can't access the sites.

Use the link provided here:
Customer Service - American Express Australia

Then select "Balance Transfer" as the form you are looking for. You have a choice of either an online form (at the 9.99% for the life of the transfer) , or a paper form (at 8.99% for 6 months)

Further....

I can't work this one out?

If you request a balance transfer OVER THE PHONE (1800 Qantas Ultimate card number), then the rate is 6.99%.

Online is 9.99%

Wouldn't it be more cost effective, hence at a lower rate, to carry out services via the webpage, than manually over the phone???

At least I got a better deal, all because the webpage link was 'broken'.

I'll always go for the phone next time!

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back