Australian AMEX webpage problem?

Discussion in 'American Express Rewards' started by Rick93, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Rick93

Rick93 Established Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Hi there,

I logged on to the Australian webpage this morning, (and again this afternoon), and found the "balance transfer" link was sending me over to the US webpage.

I rang AMEX 1800 number (Qantas Ultimate card), and they logged onto their system, and stated "no problem here".

I was a bit concerned, so I changed my password ASAP.

AMEX can't tell where the links actually take their customers!

The system wanted me to log on again. Actually, I was just going round in circles, and never getting to the balance transfer page!

Anybody had this problem previously?

regards,

2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I have had issues with ending up on the US site when it has lost track of me being signed in for some reason.

I just tested the Balance Transfer link and it looked fine to me.

3. Rick93

Nov 10, 2002
    Still out on my end....

After logging on, you go to balance transfer, then the page with the girl on the beach comes up. Below that picture, is words to the effect, transfer a balance at 9.99% CLICK HERE.

When you click onto that link, it takes to the US webpage, and you simply go round in circles from there. You never actually get to transfer your balance, because it doesn't get past that point.

regards,

4. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Link is definately broken. Amex are using links to development servers, not the production servers hence why you can't access the sites.

Use the link provided here:
    Customer Service - American Express Australia

Then select "Balance Transfer" as the form you are looking for. You have a choice of either an online form (at the 9.99% for the life of the transfer) , or a paper form (at 8.99% for 6 months)

5. Rick93

Nov 10, 2002
    Further....

I can't work this one out?

If you request a balance transfer OVER THE PHONE (1800 Qantas Ultimate card number), then the rate is 6.99%.

Online is 9.99%

Wouldn't it be more cost effective, hence at a lower rate, to carry out services via the webpage, than manually over the phone???

At least I got a better deal, all because the webpage link was 'broken'.

I'll always go for the phone next time!

regards,