Auckland QF J lounge is disgustingly filthy, worn out, and with s*^t food. Get it remodelled now Qantas! | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Auckland QF J lounge is disgustingly filthy, worn out, and with s*^t food. Get it remodelled now Qantas!

cambriamarsh

Simple answer is it's not. That's deteriorated a lot since the last time I was there in Sep last year.

NZflygirl

Established Member
They seem to be working through the Aussie lounges first. NZ is on the 'to do' list. I read it will be a combined J & F lounge.

AustraliaPoochie

AFF Supporter
Maybe its more so that no one does a major clean in those chairs.
Or takes off the covers of the the cushions in a cycle to clean/launder them.
Another consideration maybe is no one wants to pay for cleaning.
It's all to do with money in the end.

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
It's all to do with money in the end.
No, not really, when you are providing a service to your customers. If it was all about money, there would be no cleaning at all! No profit in spending money on cleaning.

Those chairs are simply old and grubby. Needed to be replaced a while ago.

AustraliaPoochie

AFF Supporter
Sh, I see now that (am off bus now) that those chairs don't in fact have removable cushions and it's either replace or wash everything with a washer and sucker machine.
Maybe if its not money, its because they let everyone in there.
I certainly don't eat and drip sauce or drink or pee in my seat like that!
Hopefully its not poo.

Pushka

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Sh, I see now that (am off bus now) that those chairs don't in fact have removable cushions and it's either replace or wash everything with a washer and sucker machine.
Maybe if its not money, its because they let everyone in there.
I certainly don't eat and drip sauce or drink or pee in my seat like that!
Hopefully its not poo.
Ah, no need to go there poochie. Food and coffee. The arms are awful too.

love_the_life

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Agree the lounge is quite poor both in furnishings and quality of food offerings (when I’ve been there). A refurb is certainly more than a little overdue.

levelnine

Disgusting. I'd be writing to Qantas' Facebook or Twitter. Not that it does anything, but it's good to keep the public pressure on them.

HS-TQE

Intern
Not something I'd expect to QF standards. Agreed with the disgusting upkeep, which is something I'd expect in a private home's lounge room, rather than an airline's lounge.

get me outta here

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Next time they’ll get brown seat covers so that we’re none the wiser. (What an interesting phrase is ‘none the wiser’).

Danger

AFF Supporter
Was in the Auckland QF lounge last week - I will just let these pictures do the talking..

How is this in any way acceptable???
Just two photos (of the same thing) and no further detail does not align with your thread title. If the pictures are to "do the talking", they have very little say.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alwa