Auckland QF J lounge is disgustingly filthy, worn out, and with s*^t food. Get it remodelled now Qantas! | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Auckland QF J lounge is disgustingly filthy, worn out, and with s*^t food. Get it remodelled now Qantas!

cambriamarsh

Simple answer is it's not. That's deteriorated a lot since the last time I was there in Sep last year.

NZflygirl

Established Member
They seem to be working through the Aussie lounges first. NZ is on the 'to do' list. I read it will be a combined J & F lounge.

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Maybe its more so that no one does a major clean in those chairs.
Or takes off the covers of the the cushions in a cycle to clean/launder them.
Another consideration maybe is no one wants to pay for cleaning.
It's all to do with money in the end.

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
It's all to do with money in the end.
No, not really, when you are providing a service to your customers. If it was all about money, there would be no cleaning at all! No profit in spending money on cleaning.

Those chairs are simply old and grubby. Needed to be replaced a while ago.

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Sh, I see now that (am off bus now) that those chairs don't in fact have removable cushions and it's either replace or wash everything with a washer and sucker machine.
Maybe if its not money, its because they let everyone in there.
I certainly don't eat and drip sauce or drink or pee in my seat like that!
Hopefully its not poo.

Pushka

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Sh, I see now that (am off bus now) that those chairs don't in fact have removable cushions and it's either replace or wash everything with a washer and sucker machine.
Maybe if its not money, its because they let everyone in there.
I certainly don't eat and drip sauce or drink or pee in my seat like that!
Hopefully its not poo.
Ah, no need to go there poochie. Food and coffee. The arms are awful too.

love_the_life

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Agree the lounge is quite poor both in furnishings and quality of food offerings (when I’ve been there). A refurb is certainly more than a little overdue.

levelnine

Disgusting. I'd be writing to Qantas' Facebook or Twitter. Not that it does anything, but it's good to keep the public pressure on them.

HS-TQE

Not something I'd expect to QF standards. Agreed with the disgusting upkeep, which is something I'd expect in a private home's lounge room, rather than an airline's lounge.

get me outta here

AFF Supporter
Qantas
LT Silver
Flights
My Map
Next time they’ll get brown seat covers so that we’re none the wiser. (What an interesting phrase is ‘none the wiser’).

Danger

AFF Supporter
Was in the Auckland QF lounge last week - I will just let these pictures do the talking..

How is this in any way acceptable???
Just two photos (of the same thing) and no further detail does not align with your thread title. If the pictures are to "do the talking", they have very little say.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonesBoys