ATO (tax office) payments by credit card

Do we think as a ratio of estimate to cost, that the government's estimate of an uncapped demand driven cost will be off by Cheaper Home Batteries program levels (3:1, but only because of modifications to rein in) or NDIS levels (I think sitting at around 5:1 or so)?
 
I have a CGT bill to pay this year as I sold an investment property, so come 31 Oct I am going to smash all of it onto my Amex platinum card for the free points, plus the interest free period as well.
 
I have a CGT bill to pay this year as I sold an investment property, so come 31 Oct I am going to smash all of it onto my Amex platinum card for the free points, plus the interest free period as well.
Brilliant. I just realised I have a CGT too!
 
$10k ...

Paying with a QBR Business Amex.

Direct earn 5000 Qantas Points for $0

Use, say Sniip, earn 12,743 Qantas points at a raw cost of $219. GST is $19.91 which can be used as an input tax credit. The remaining $199.09 is tax deductable.

Need to consider the useful value of those 7.7K QFF.

(I know there are other Amex products which may have a better direct earn.)
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top