ATO (tax office) payments by credit card

Thing to keep in mind is most of the Visa/Master cards award no/reduced points for ATO transactions. The ones that do will most definitely limit the earn rate - not just for ATO but for all transactions.
 
Thing to keep in mind is most of the Visa/Master cards award no/reduced points for ATO transactions. The ones that do will most definitely limit the earn rate - not just for ATO but for all transactions.
Im interested in what happens to Nab's Qantas Business Signature Visa card (as I have it :) ) which currently earns 1 Qf point per $1.50 spent paying the ATO directly. I expect the points earn to reduce if and when the credit card surcharges are banned.
 
I've just paid a quarterly instalment to the ATO via Sniip to contribute to a sign-up bonus.

Unfortunately the payment didn't clear in time for my statement (a phone consultant told me my statement would be issued on the 29th (first month of having this particular card)), so I'm not sure if it counted towards the spend criteria for the sign-up bonus.

Taking into account the amount of the instalment, I've definitely spent the minimum required though, so if the points are awarded next month I'll know it's counted.

If not, I'll still have other things to spend on and another month to do so.
 
Last edited:
interested in knowing this as well. seems to be a good deal/promo?
did you find out the answer to your question?
Turns out that is an old table for ATO.
Fees on a NAB VISA are:
1.21% (no bonus points)
2.31% (1 B2B point per $2)
2.75% (1 B2B point per $1)
Inc GST

QBR redemption rate is: 1 B2B Points = 1 Qantas Point
 
Im interested in what happens to Nab's Qantas Business Signature Visa card (as I have it :) ) which currently earns 1 Qf point per $1.50 spent paying the ATO directly. I expect the points earn to reduce if and when the credit card surcharges are banned.

Announced for general spend

NAB slashing earn rates to .75 first and .25 thereafter also increased fees. All from Oct 1
 
Announced for general spend

NAB slashing earn rates to .75 first and .25 thereafter also increased fees. All from Oct 1
Above is not related to the Business card. Any change for the Business card has not been announced as yet.
 
No changes on card fees on the ATO website even as we tick over to 1st October.

Some AFFers are mentioning reports the ATO will no longer accept credit card payments but nothing to confirm this in writing at the time of postng.
 
Im interested in what happens to Nab's Qantas Business Signature Visa card (as I have it :) ) which currently earns 1 Qf point per $1.50 spent paying the ATO directly. I expect the points earn to reduce if and when the credit card surcharges are banned.
I have this too. I read NAB site today. Looks like no changes

Yippee if correct
 
I guess we don’t need our foreign Amex cards now. What’s the next play here other than pay by BPay which is what it likely the only option.
 
No more ATO card payments from 30 Nov

So after 17.5 years, payments to the ATO by credit card comes to an end :(

I wonder if credit card payments to the ATO from now ti Nov 30 attract any card fee? I assume not....Edit: the ATO website said there will be no fee

 
Last edited:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top